utility bed mounting

rb70383

Observer
Anyone have pics on how a utility bed is mounted on the back of a pickup? I just bought one and it was on a chevy using U bolts. Its on my 85 Dodge and of course there is a crossmemeber where the U bolt should go. Just looking for ideas. Building my truck similar to a chase truck. However it will be our base camp and use our other vehicle to explore further out.

I cant believe how little pics I find of the mounting of a normal utility bed on a truck.:Wow1:

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Is this a p/u bed from a chevy or a utility bed, like used by the phone company from a chevy?

You may need to fab new mounting brackets to bolt to, never did that.

rb70383

Observer
I started a thread on my thruck. Its the D350 in my sig.

Box is just a normal utility bed, but 108" long. I will have to make a front bracket.

highdesertranger, any pics? IS the bed mounted solidly? I been reading on the pivoting frame mounts thread and wondering if I need to put a little give in the mounts as the bed has a stout ladder rack that also stiffenes the box against torsional movements. Dont want to induce unneeded stress in the frame fron stiffening the back half up while the front can still twist.

CodyY

Explorer
Our welding trucks at work have 1/2" by 3" flatbar with a bolt hole mounted to the truck frame then welded to the structure of the bed. 3 per side.

Sorry no pics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online