Conqueror Conquest 2.0

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
I just put 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Dura Tracs on mine they fit but i am going to trim the bottom corners of the diamond plate a little so if it gets bouncy they dont hit.

image.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Good point Bill - I keep wanting to do both. I was at Sams club this afternoon and was scratching my head trying to determine what BFG All Terrain size tire would be the best fit for the stock wheels. I think conqueror stock steel wheels are 15x 9.5?

They also have Deka (branded duracell) 6 volt GC2 golf cart batteries. I'm going to run two in parallel to power the waeco fridge and the LED lights on the trailer
Is the fridge 12v? Wire them in series then. I have my Optimas wired in parallel.
I'm not a huge fan of the rebranded Deka batteries ---- I'm thinking of recycled lead, etc. Look at the born-on date for them too. Maybe if they're cheap enough to replace every 2 or 3 years...

I think I put 30s on my trailer. They were Dunlop MT closeouts. When Duratracs first came out, Goodyear also made a Dunlop/Kelly/Fierce tire of the same ilk. The Dunnies never sold well and they disappeared them. The Kelly TSR and Fierce Attitude are still available, great tires, and usually less expensive than the Duratrac. I'd even wager that a Cooper STT would look great on the trailer... http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/90000003121.html

I've never had any luck with any BFG truck tire. Love their sportscar tires.

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
31s look a lil too tight. I'm not going to cut the bottom corners so I'll probably go with 30's if I can find decent AT's that fit on 15 inch steelies.
Fridge is 12volt. I'll definitely get more juice off grid if I run the 6volts in parallel vs a group 31 battery.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
31s look a lil too tight. I'm not going to cut the bottom corners so I'll probably go with 30's if I can find decent AT's that fit on 15 inch steelies.
Fridge is 12volt. I'll get more time off grid if I run the 6volts in parallel vs a group 31 battery.
Series: 6v + 6v = 12 volt
connecting_series.gif

parallel: 6v + 6v = 6v
connecting_parallel.gif

I used to run a bunch of 24v equipment off of pairs of seriesed 12v batteries. I now run my 12v ARB fridge off a pair of paralleled 12v batteries....

greenbull

Adventurer
We just got back pulling our Conquest from Charlotte to Expo in Flagstaff, Moab, Denver and back to Charlotte 4300 miles. We had a great time. However the trailer jack slipped at Mormon Lake, and is bent. I need to replace it. Any ideas? That collar is sub 2" hole, and most replacements seem to be 2"...

fubar

Adventurer
I decided to get a solar panel before taking the duel battery plunge. In the two days prior to my converter melting, the 60w panel kept the single battery topped up. Edgestar fridge (not all that efficient) and lights being powered.

greenbull

Adventurer
Are you still in Charlotte ? And who did the drawers for you? I have Dendys CC and am in Charlotte as well...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Mark: I like his mods here. I always felt with the Conquest that the space within the trailer box was poorly planned and space was wasted.
These mods with the fridge and slide take care of a great deal of the challenge.
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior