Trans America Trail: A month's journey in a 96 Jeep XJ.

prerunner1982

Adventurer
Member of a local Jeep group posted about the Trans America Trail, further research led me here and I enjoyed the thread very much. You also have a lovely wife.

NHenson

Observer
Member of a local Jeep group posted about the Trans America Trail, further research led me here and I enjoyed the thread very much. You also have a lovely wife.

Thanks for the compliments. I hope that our thread has provided you some valuable information and motivation to get out and take a journey too.

Long Rifle

Observer
So glad this "old" thread was revived-the narrative writing is absolutely brilliant. Highlight of my morning reading your travels. What a fortunate and blessed couple you are and its great how your personalities and abilities complement one another.

ylojelo

After re-reading, how much addition gasoline did you carry? Trying to figure out how to carry more gas and I'm trying to figure if I can sleep in my JKU

oops, you answered that 5 to 10 gal. Thats going to be tough to figure how to carry that.

Moogmike

I'm thankful y all have posted about this in a Jeep. I'm looking at wanting to get time to do this with my son as a additional graduation gift in several years. I figured now would be a great time to start planning and prepping.

NHenson

Observer
So glad this "old" thread was revived-the narrative writing is absolutely brilliant. Highlight of my morning reading your travels. What a fortunate and blessed couple you are and its great how your personalities and abilities complement one another.

I'm thankful y all have posted about this in a Jeep. I'm looking at wanting to get time to do this with my son as a additional graduation gift in several years. I figured now would be a great time to start planning and prepping.

Long Rifle: Glad that we could be a source of entertainment for the morning.

Moogmike: This could be a great adventure for a dad/son team, as the extended amount of limited distraction time could provide great conversation opportunities. I hope to revisit this journey as my boys get older (only have to wait another 9-10 years).
Please let me know if you have any other questions about the planning process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles