Lets see your "CONVERTED" overland bikes.

oldNbold

Oh no. I was just settling in for long and interesting read. These converts are exactly what I am looking to do. Adventure on a shoestring budget. I had bought a nice newer adventure bike but couldn't get myself to dirty it up. It was spotless. I need something not so perfect to start on and then thrash.

D

Deleted member 9101

Exactly, I can't fathom spending thousands on a fancy bike and all the "necessary" adventure gear just to beat the ever loving crap out of it.

This is what I think about already! All the D/S's around here are either top dollar, and/or already beat to pieces, it would seem. For mild singletrack and woods roads, this seems like the perfect scoot, as well as being well mannered on the road still for long miles and DD commuting. I should do some looking around... Please, keep them coming!

jerdog53

Explorer
A recent one from the CoBDR

FullSizeRender%209_zpsp4nbbcxz.jpg

Darkrider

Adventurer
Great bike ideas in here for sure! Hopefully this fall I will begin the process of building my Honda Vf750f interceptor into a more dirt ready bike. But till then I have my Yamaha DT250c to play with on the dirt.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

lonestrom

Adventurer
I gave up on converting street bikes for overland use ( polishing a turd comes to mind) so I gave in and bought a KLR650.
180c48c8b80c6c6c0f78830891d855bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snake89

My 08 Triumph Bonneville converted to a Scrambler. High pipe, skid plate, Shinko 705 tires, 7/8 handlebar conversion, Ive got the factory scrambler seat too. Also have a 02 Kawasaki KLR650.My Triumph w Green Helmet.jpg

Attachments

• My Stickered KLR.jpg
    My Stickered KLR.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 68

vwhammer

Adventurer
Well I am selling my bike but I am pretty proud of my street bike to ADV bike conversion.
Before
Z7f0wqx.jpg

After
NRQJOs7.jpg

d6zLxij.jpg

NiBrv3k.jpg

What you can't see is the fork internals that have been upgraded to valve emulators and better springs and a new rear adjustable shock with more travel and a spring upgrade as well.
It all works real nice.

I bought more parts for a more serious suspension upgrade and a spoke wheel swap but decided it was time to sell since I don't use it like it was intended.
It really is a great bike. I have not done any serious off road with it but it was not really meant for single track or anything like that.
However I would not hesitate to take it out on service roads or mountain tracks.

The new Rykers have really caught my eye so maybe an ADV conversion of one of those is in my future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste