Garmin Zumo 390LM: GPS for moto

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
Almost $700 - I just don't understand it. You can get a waterproof Nuvi 500/550 for $250. Or even cheaper models and buy a protective case. Sure, it probably doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but $450 buys a lot of bells and whistles. A Montana is under $500, not that I would spend that much on a GPS. I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a GPS. But then I spend money on crap others can't understand, so maybe Garmin knows something!

*** After watching that silly add, it makes me think it is even more about marketing that substance. :(

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Almost $700 - I just don't understand it. You can get a waterproof Nuvi 500/550 for $250. Or even cheaper models and buy a protective case. Sure, it probably doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but $450 buys a lot of bells and whistles. A Montana is under $500, not that I would spend that much on a GPS. I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a GPS. But then I spend money on crap others can't understand, so maybe Garmin knows something!

*** After watching that silly add, it makes me think it is even more about marketing that substance. :(

x2 here.
My Nuvi 500 even has topo installed from the factory. It's been going strong since 2009. Sure the screen is small, and it does not have Bluetooth, but for simple cheap reliable navigation it's awesome.
I took some of that savings over the Zumo and bought some ridiculously expensive pivot-pegz..

But hey,
Too each his own.. If I had the expendable dollars I'd probably buy one. That Zumo has a ton of really nice features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94