Has anyone removed the windows on a Wildernest?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Are you talking about the side, front or back window? I've had all of them out or off at one point or another. The frames are either riveted or screwed, depending on which window you're talking about and when it was built. Nothing exotic.

paulj

Expedition Leader
Fittings like the windows are off the shelf fittings for fiberglass shells. So a shell retailer should be able to help with replacements.
paulj

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
paulj said:
Fittings like the windows are off the shelf fittings for fiberglass shells. So a shell retailer should be able to help with replacements.
paulj
That reminded me, the only ones that are not held in with fasteners are the little opera windows at the front (either two small per side or one bigger on each side, at the front of the sides). Those are glued on. You can cut them off with a guitar string or something similar. Wiggle it through and wrap each end around a piece of wood and cut. I just use 3M body adhesive to glue them back on. All the glass can be cut at a good hardware store and like Paul says, the topper is just stock topper pieces and parts, any good topper shop will have them. Here in Denver that's Suburban Toppers usually, but any town will have a similar place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94