Universal Mudflaps

Flagster

Expedition Leader
My mudflaps off my 2005 tacoma cracked and broke many years ago...
Anyone have any recommendations for some cheap rubber mudflaps that can be cut and drilled to fit...I don't mind what the look like but would like soft rubber as opposed to the hard plastic...
Thanks

JamesW

Adventurer
I made my own from some vinyl sheet. it's about 4mm thick,really flexible,but rigid enough not to fold back during driving.

I made the brackets from the perforated metal strips used to hold roof timbers together,not the thin ones,the thick strong ones.

They were very low to the ground before I lifted the truck,but kept the back of the truck clean. Off road I tie them back if there is going to be a chance of reversing over them

Erik N

Adventurer
I am interested also. What do you guys use for flaps that don't trap sand/mud/debris into the mounting bracket/fender pocket "hole"?

NRose

Well, they are not cheap, but you know the old saying. You get what you pay for.

My DuraFlap mud flaps look great. I did not have to drill any holes to install them, and they were easy.

I recommend them highly. www.duraflap.com

Attachments

• 2011 Expedition rear 2.jpg
    2011 Expedition rear 2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2011 expedition front.jpg
    2011 expedition front.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12

1stDeuce

Explorer
Plasti-color has some "universal mud guards" that are 11" x 19". They're available at Oreilly's. I'm running them on the front of my GMC, and just bought another pair for the rear. They are fairly stiff, but still flexible, and I haven't ripped them off yet, even backing up in deep sand with them pressed hard against the tire. I'm actually running an older square cornered version of the Plasti-color flaps on the front of my Jeep. They're tough flaps, and the new ones look pretty good too. (Then ones you want are the 11x19 ones... the others are really small.)
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke