Comfortable head room height

madmax718

Explorer
Im trying to figure out if I should consider a platform option- right now, I have approximately 36" of head space, before bedding. How low can I go before it gets uncomfortable?

Sitting up right, my head just clears with bedding in place.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Sitting upright in bed is handy for changing clothes and such, but not necessary for sleeping. I can't sit upright on my platform (it is worth noting that I am quite tall), but if I scooch down to the end of the platform behind the drivers seat I can drop my feet down to the floor which makes it much easier to put my shoes on before stepping outside.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
After living with 28" in a Landcruiser I was happy with that and used the same dimension when building the last motorhome.

Note that's floor to ceiling, no mattress, we use camping mattresses about 2-3" think and I'm about 5'10". I can't sit up properly, but never need to so that doesn't matter, but if you're used to sitting up in bed reading you'd need more.

madmax718

Explorer
i just tried a quick overnighter. 3" Memory foam, luckily when I sit up it collapses but i am going to try and keep as much head room as possible. memory foam was awesome. there was still quite a bit of heat passing through, i used a sheet of reflectix under it, and probably helped, though wasnt necessary at this time.. night time of 50.

Aegis

K9 Handler
Not sure if you're claustrophobic at all, or if you get a little wibbly when confined, but having every extra bit of headroom helps with that. It can be a little daunting if you can't sit somewhat upright when in bed for some... The misses has this issue, despite being a tiny little thing.

Food for thought :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior