For LR4, thinking of switching to LR3 18"s and have a TPMS question

Bhos

Adventurer
Will I need to replace TPMS sensors if I switch to LR3 18s? I know that if I go Compomotive, I will need to get TPMS sensors. Just trying to add up the costs, with new shoes, TPMS(?), spacers, wheels, etc.

Thanks,

Brian

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Just a heads up with the 18" rim spaced out as required you'll rub a good deal during turns with a 33" tire. If you plan on being smaller than that you may be okay but our LR4 does rub occasionally when turning.

mcieplinski

Adventurer
Just a heads up with the 18" rim spaced out as required you'll rub a good deal during turns with a 33" tire. If you plan on being smaller than that you may be okay but our LR4 does rub occasionally when turning.

Hi - I am also thinking of switching to 18in wheels (from 19in - I have 2011 LR4). Did you instal spacers to avoid rubbing ? Also did you have problems with HVAC lines at the rear wheels ?

Thanks a lot for your insight !

Bhos

Adventurer
I doubt I'll go bigger than a 32" tire, more like 31.5." BUUUT, I do wonder about the Cooper Zeon's in 19" that are available now. I have a line on some 18" wheels, but for the price of the 18s and spacers I could get the Gap Diagnostic tool and go with the Zeons. Advice?

umbertob

Adventurer
Don't forget about the new Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventures that just came out. They are sized 255/60R19, so they have more usable sidewall than the Zeons while still fitting comfortably on an LR4. I realize Goodyear tires don't have a lot of fans out there, but their SilentArmors seem to be getting decent reviews among dual purpose pavement / dirt tires, and these Adventure A/Ts look very similar, at least in design. Be aware that the Coopers will get noisy over time (at least the 18" size.)

Bhos

Adventurer
Umberto, I need a guinea pig report first. Kevlar and similar to the SilentArmor are good things, though. Love your truck, btw!
Don't forget about the new Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventures that just came out. They are sized 255/60R19, so they have more usable sidewall than the Zeons while still fitting comfortably on an LR4. I realize Goodyear tires don't have a lot of fans out there, but their SilentArmors seem to be getting decent reviews among dual purpose pavement / dirt tires, and these Adventure A/Ts look very similar, at least in design. Be aware that the Coopers will get noisy over time (at least the 18" size.)

Oh, I've about wore that thread out, getting burn-in on my screen :ylsmoke: I'll ping him, thanks.
I'm not sure on that as I wasnt here for the build but you might want to check this thread below and then if not PM Scott. He could answer that question
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-Journal-Project-Land-Rover-Discovery-4-(LR4)

Mike, have you heard of anyone using them yet?

psykokid

Explorer
Unless you can find someplace that has a set of the compomotives in stock at present you my be SOL. IIRC they were made to order and it looks like they have just gone belly up... :(

Jagman

Unless you can find someplace that has a set of the compomotives in stock at present you my be SOL. IIRC they were made to order and it looks like they have just gone belly up... :(

Was that the Compomotive rim manufacturers or a distributor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior