Labrador Loop

Wainiha

Explorer
Very interesting van. There are so many different vehicles we don't see in the U.S. How does it do on turns? Is top heavy?

96Delica

Adventurer
Kauai!!! I would love to go there! It's not as bad as you would think, I mean, it's a van so it's no race car but I've never felt like it was top heavy at all actually. Once you put wider tires on with the lift it kind of evens the height out.

96Delica

Adventurer
Oh, and totally agree on the ferry, if we ever do it again it'll be in a berth, those reclining seats just didn't do it for me!

On that note - what was your experience with Labrador Marine? Ours was, umm, interesting to say the least.

I didn't find it too bad, I just read the schedule wrong so we had to spend the night. The one beef about Labrador (which I think has been stated before) is that there is NO signs for any attractions. Once we got to the Rock there were brochures about all the things to see and do on the Labrador coast that we just drove right by because there was zero signage. I would love to do this trip again one year, but on a bike. Or a truck with a camper.

skitzy

382d040f2f7e9538392398431a591a93.jpg

Sorry for dredging up a journey from long ago rather than starting a new thread. We also just completed the Trans Labrador Highway and Labrador Coastal Route loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skitzy

The Quebec 389 highway starts in Baie Comeau and takes you north to the western side of the Trans Labrador Highway.

6c79528375929dedff56079d6470705f.jpg

b2eedb64b6af0b2d0c7f652dc629a047.jpg

Some views coming up to Fermont and Labrador City - Wabush.

skitzy

359bfeede3db15264269906d37484ace.jpg
2022d2c88d37b16622ed8e5ab16f4ebc.jpg

Lots of dirt. Still lots of unpaved sections. Occasional crater-sized potholes too. Ongoing grading and maintenance though.

skitzy

The one beef about Labrador (which I think has been stated before) is that there is NO signs for any attractions. Once we got to the Rock there were brochures about all the things to see and do on the Labrador coast that we just drove right by because there was zero signage.

No signs, no brochures, wilderness camping: likely some items defining a remote experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles