Falken Mountian Ats

bat

Explorer
I am in need of some new tires and wondering how people running the Falken tire feel about them.

VistaCruiser

Observer
There's lots of folks that run & like them. From what I've seen on a friends F250, they wear down to 5 solid ribs about halfway through. He abuses tires. Burnouts on asphalt, lots of wheel spin off road. The Hankook ATM RF10's he put on after he burned up the Falkens are holding up, & he says they have better traction than the Falkens. Lots of siping too which is good for snowpack roads if that's a concern. HTH

Sam

bad luck

Observer
I hope they are pretty decent, since I just ordered 4 of them from Discount Tire, they are a really good price. And if they stand behind the warranty it is supposed to be 50000 mile.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I'm using Falken WildPeak A/T (325/80-16) on my Mitsubishi Fuso FG and am very happy with them. For huge tires they balanced well (3 needed less then 1 oz, 2 needed about 2-3 ozs and 1 needed 7 ozs (ouch), I have 2 spares). When cold they have just a little vibration or road following, but once warmed up them run and track as smooth as silk. I'm running them at max pressure (55psi) since my truck is 12,000 loaded (10,000 empty) and even at that pressure they have really smoothed out the ride of my truck (the 80 profile is the big help). And they are very quiet, that is an important factor for me with next to no tire noise (as least on my noisy cabover truck). I can't speak as to wear/mileage as they are pretty new to me.
I got mine from Discount Tire Direct, great++ customer service, great price, free shipping and a $100 rebate

bat

Explorer
I was told the new ones do not have 3ply side wall by discount tire and I am okay with 2 ply. I was hearing complaints about weight and balance and maybe being 2 ply it has cured some problems.

Google it. You will read some more reviews from different owners on some car forums like titan and tacoma. I too was looking at those tires. Seems like a good rire, especially as they are warrantied for 50,000miles.

Erik N

Adventurer
I run them on the Beach Suburban. They do pretty well in the sand, I actually sold the GY Duratracs that came on the truck for them. I will air them to 18/22 for the soft stuff. Have about 6000 miles on them, probably about 500+ of those are in the sand.

Quiet on the pavement. They were CHEAP! Sidewalls are still a little soft for my preference, but the 285/75/16's only came with a D rating... the E's might be better. As mentioned above, they will wear down to a ribbed-tread pattern, so will probably get even better in the powder as they wear.

Attachments

• DSCN0323.JPG
    DSCN0323.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I run the Wildpeaks on my Ford. I don't do any crazy rock crawling or mud bogging so I don't need a super aggressive tire. They are very smooth on the road and give me great flotation in the soft stuff. The 37x12.5-17's have a huge footprint; even more when you air them down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier