Pics of rig packed up ready to go?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Here's a couple of different packing setups for different trips.

Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 464
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 461

ZMagic97

Explorer
Here's all my stuff loaded for two people in my 2 door JK. I have a smaller tent now so the green duffle bag is no longer there. I have a Gobi rack now too so the sleeping bags can go in a Hardigg case on the roof. Also, my fridge is now on a slide. Sorry I don't have any photos of that.

voodoojk

Adventurer
Let's go one step more... What's stored inside each box/bag/container that's pictured. Where are your non perishables stored? Clothes? Tent ( non rooftop) sleeping pads, sleeping bags etc etc!!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Let's go one step more... What's stored inside each box/bag/container that's pictured. Where are your non perishables stored? Clothes? Tent ( non rooftop) sleeping pads, sleeping bags etc etc!!

week_drawer.JPG

In the particular configuration: Sleeping pad, bag, pillow and tent in the ARB bag left of fridge, clothes in tan duffel. Food in fridge and grey Kamp Kitchn. Left drawer has tools, shower, air tools/hoses, jumper cables, fluids, etc. Left wing has emergency food, water, etc. Right drawer has recovery gear, welder, spare propane, etc. Right wing is vehicle spares, CV boots, TRE's, ball joints, belts, hoses, etc. Ex-Jack is behind 2nd row seat. Water container is left of fridge behind sleeping gear.

Steve UK

Adventurer
image.jpg

This is our rental Suzuki Jimny packed up just before a 500km off road drive across the Northern Kalahari in Botswana. No petrol or shops for 5 days...heaven.

Note the water bladder on the rear door, actually full of petrol! This was used up ASAP also zero space left inside, we arrived at Maun with 10 litres of fuel spare out of 90 litres :)

stioc

Expedition Leader
Kurt and Ray, been a fan of your guys' trucks for a while, very thoughtfully done.

For me when packing for a multi day backcountry trip with the family my roof rack + $45 canvas flat-storage bag, has been a life saver. I try to keep lighter bulkier stuff up there but have carried 8gals of fuel and 5 gals of water up there too.

F654333C-6389-4C53-ACA4-E92CC7DBC2A4-3343-0000016F7EC1EF7B_zps96a8a073.jpg

E6CFD12F-743B-45D9-BC57-8DC28D2A0D6A-1395-000001567260BF2A_zps8cb17451.jpg

That and the quick and dirty storage platform I built a a while ago has been indespensible for storing tools, recovery gear, stove, axe, shovel etc.

FE7EC4A8-EDED-462E-A7D8-F7C6475C82C7-3616-0000018593A69C86_zpsb1c0b45c.jpg

It's important to maximize the use of the given interior and cargo rooms especially when throwing stuff (stuff that can cause serious injury in an accident) in the back seat area is not an option for those of us who travel with kids. I've recently also added the seat back and visor organizers along with some reorganizing of the iPad, iPod, gps, ham radio and cb mounts. It's a constant work-in-progress but fun :)

Last edited:

Steve UK

Adventurer
^ awesome Steve. Any more pics or trip report I can read somewhere?

Hi Stioc,

I have some great pictures, I should post them shouldn't I. There are some from last year in my gallery, I shall pm you when I put some good ones together.

Steve

stioc

Expedition Leader
Hi Stioc,

I have some great pictures, I should post them shouldn't I. There are some from last year in my gallery, I shall pm you when I put some good ones together.

Steve

Please do and you might consider posting them in the 'Completed Expeditions' or 'Completed Adventures and Events' section on this site.

Steve UK

Adventurer
Please do and you might consider posting them in the 'Completed Expeditions' or 'Completed Adventures and Events' section on this site.

Yes I will, just put loads in my gallery. I shall start a thread tomorrow as I cannot copy the links on my iPad.

Steve

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
How do you like the ARB storm bags? I am thinking about getting a few but wanted to get a quick review if you don't find.

Love them, been traveling with them almost exclusively for 5 years now. I use them for a variety of applications and have had them around the globe with me.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Here's a couple of different packing setups for different trips.

Good luck.

Paul, can you explain what looks like a propane tank in the first pic on the right hand side of your truck? What size is it and did you make the rack that holds it? Any issues traveling with it in the vehicle? I use propane but haven't found the best way for transport yet. Last trip I simply strapped in down in my cargo area but I'm looking for other options. I was hoping to mount it laying on its side on the roof rack but while researching it have found that it is not advisable to haul propane on its side (unless you have the forklift style LP). I like that rack you have though.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles