Winter

PICT0106.jpg

Summer

Sawmillllakejune12022.jpg

Everything you need/want-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I've learned a lot about packing a rig from packing different size vehicles for different trips. These experiences has taught me to really think through what is needed based on the locations and time year.

image.jpg

My KLR trip was a week in Colorado over several mountain passes from Trinidad to Georgetown, camping each night. Lots of gear for different weather conditions and a long round trip ride from Kansas City, Mo.

image.jpg

The Sammi trip was in Moab with tons of wheeling and remote camping for several days. It's amazing how much water you'll go through in the back country!

Good luck!

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Paul, can you explain what looks like a propane tank in the first pic on the right hand side of your truck? What size is it and did you make the rack that holds it? Any issues traveling with it in the vehicle? I use propane but haven't found the best way for transport yet. Last trip I simply strapped in down in my cargo area but I'm looking for other options. I was hoping to mount it laying on its side on the roof rack but while researching it have found that it is not advisable to haul propane on its side (unless you have the forklift style LP). I like that rack you have though.
Thanks!

Sorry, just saw this.

It's a small 10lb tank that I picked up at Cabela's. I carry inside on my storage platform. The black metal rack it's in is made up of 1in square stock and bolted to the platform. The tank is held in place by a strap. Since gear will shift when off road I added a red metal safety cage on top of the tank to stop it from accidentally being opened when gear falls on top of it. No particular reason for carrying it inside other then I like to keep my gear out of the weather and dust, plus it adds to keeping my center of gravity low.

Good luck with your build.

Shoot me an email if you need more info.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 345

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Sorry, just saw this.

It's a small 10lb tank that I picked up at Cabela's. I carpower generalry inside on my storage platform. The black metal rack it's in is made up of 1in square stock and bolted to the platform. The tank is held in place by a strap. Since gear will shift when off road I added a red metal safety cage on top of the tank to stop it from accidentally being opened when gear falls on top of it. No particular reason for carrying it inside other then I like to keep my gear out of the weather and dust, plus it adds to keeping my center of gravity low.

Good luck with your build.

Shoot me an email if you need more info.

Paul, traveling with the ACME nut attached to the OPD valve is unsafe. I also believe it's illegal per federal law. It defeats one of the inherent safety features of the OPD valves. Disconnect the hose during transport and add a protective device that fits over the valve, (a sock, plastic cap, etc.) anything will generally do ( but nothing that treads onto the valve). Some may argue, and some states may even have laws against transporting propane inside the vehicle with out the windows down...

uscg2008

Explorer
Just a short two day trip, this is before I picked up my fire wood. It was just stacked on my sleeping platform

a43de0ae152a846840a0cd1f1976f93d_zps369f5993.jpg

Dog ready to go too
6d553a3b1add98e465a7141d1160ffd5_zpsbc03d046.jpg

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I haven't taken this rig camping (only been in the 6x6) because I don't really like it (im saving for something else).

Here are a few pictures of the expedition hauling my kayaks up to Lake Meredith just north of Amarillo (the only lake in the area that isn't a sandbox).

exped 3.jpg

exped 2.jpg

exped 1.jpg

justrom

Adventurer
Mojave Road

4 Days on the Mojave Rd in SE California with my wife and 15 month old son in a Toyota Tacoma Dbl Cab.

Kid stuff (clothes, diapers, travel high chair) filled up the back of the cab. Camping stuff (tent, sleeping bag & pads, clothes) went in a large storage/"job box" strapped into the front of the bed. Next "row", 2x 5gal water jugs, 2x Small (8gal) Action Packer boxes (1 for stove, plates, utensils; 1 for dry/canned food) with the jack plate and firewood stacked on top. Last row, 5 gal water cooler, food cooler, and 5 gal Petrol can. Stroller (to contain the little tyke in camp), Shovel, and kid carrying backpack were bungie corded down between the cooler and the tailgate.

IMG_6577.jpg
IMG_6479.jpg
lunch.jpg

Last edited:

bdog1

Adventurer
Well here's what it is supposed to look like in my van.
yteqyjep.jpg
8a3y7ydy.jpg

And,after a week....
ajesegug.jpg
8e2aqeja.jpg

If you jump on the brakes too hard the Cheetos hit you in the head! Umm. Cheesy!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles