Pics of rig packed up ready to go?

ccdf76dd2aab9548391edafcd4b4b73d.jpg

Here's mine on the last trip we took. Wasn't too loaded since it was just me on this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean and simple. Beautifully done.

Kevin108

Explorer
I was planning on 4 days, but could have stayed at least a week. I eventually want to built a fridge/cooler tray and some drawers, but this modular setup cost me nothing, makes packing easy, and everything fits great.

2017-03-15%2019.15.37.jpg

mad4dirt

Packed for 2 people 9 days 3000 miles round trip. Spent most of our time in the backcountry of south central Utah. Every trip we get more stream lined and compact.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 124

krax

Adventurer
Packed for 2 people 9 days 3000 miles round trip. Spent most of our time in the backcountry of south central Utah. Every trip we get more stream lined and compact.

Looks good.

If I'm seeing it right, that's his and hers personal bags on the upper-right? We do the same thing to limit space consumption.

Also digging the use of the small cooler up front.

One question though: Why not use the back seat and give yourself some visibility out of the rear window?

new1andrey

Pictures I saw here mostly for 2 people, correct? Who is camping with 4-5 for 3-5 days not on campsites?
Trying reorganize my stuff and cannot find optimum for 5.5ft bed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

quarkster

FJ Cruiser storage rack for Scepter fuel/water containers

I assembled a little storage rack for a pair of Scepter fuel or water containers with extruded aluminum "T-slot" rails and various other components from the 80/20 aluminum framing system. The rack is clamped down against a Baertrax aluminum cargo plate with turnbuckles, and the containers are secured with two heavy-duty bungee straps. All the surfaces of the extrusions that contact the containers are faced with the 80/20 rubber "tread strip", so there is no contact between metal and the containers.

I'm modifying a spare Scepter water container cap to allow water to be dispensed without removing the container from the rack, using the ARB compressor (to the left of the rack) to pressurize the container.

20160710_181241_zpsa1y3fyu4.jpg

Here's the rack minus the containers, showing the rubber facing on the sides of the framing that contact the containers.

20160710_181350_zpskcxdexn0.jpg

Last edited:

Ashton

5a66216bbe9072e8ed05ce6a60efebca.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's how my net is going to get set up. Here is the current overnight/2 night set up in the truck. Tubs have stove, fuel, and other kitchen ****. The ruck has radios, latern, some clothes and my sleeping bag. I threw a futon from an old couch in the back to sleep on. Going to spruce this up a bit and make it good and comfy... add the requisite fridge and electrics and water and blah blah blah.
IMG_0527_zpsheaarhzm.jpg

wagex

Adventurer
black footlocker: tools, tarps, lanterns, hatchets, mallets, ect, spare pup tent
grey footlocker: blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, hammocks
green storm case: clean clothes
tan mtm "ammo crate" : toiletries, soap, TP, towels, wash cloths, toothbrushes, tooth paste mouthwash ect.
ice chest: drinks
[not pictured its behind the tan box] black stanley toolbox: tools
left side storage compartment: funnel, wrench roll, the rover spare tire kit, misc oil, rags
right side storage compartment: chains, tow strap, hitches, jumper cables
rover back.jpg

il have to get a picture of the inside of the trailer loaded i dont have a recent one.

inside i have a chuck box(camp kitchen), an ice chest(for food), propane camp shower, 16 gal water tank, 120AH battery, lights, water pump, then a few small containers with stuff like cordage, gloves, shower stuff

front basket: fuel, propane, garden hose, tire chocking blocks, buckets.. with fishing gear inside.
top: fishing rods, campfire spit, chainsaw

18275142_10158585925665537_4128796397771387564_n.jpg

racehorse

Adventurer
Packed for three days or three weeks

Rover LR3 SE -

Engel fridge in the middle seat with a wood casing around it. Below the engel is a steel drawer it sits on that has electronics, SAT phone, inverter lithium bar, batteries, jump start lithium battery kit, fuses.

When it's just me and my five year old, four bolts and the rear passenger seat comes out and the porta potty - Westy style goes in. Doubles as my bench seat to work on a laptop.

Rear silver box holds all camping supplies permanently, 17 gallon freshwater tank behind that with purified and filtered water through a flojet pump and accumulator on the right that feeds into the shower handle/hose on the right of the box. 100w solar panel on the roof rack feeds the aux battery at camp or when stopped.

Left rear is a switch panel to turn on the freshwater pump, aux 12v sockets, rear roof rack light. Frontrunner chairs underneath the box along with camp table, shower ring, laptop grill.

Two platforms slide back onto the folded down seats and the area completes a full sized bed where we sleep if we aren't tenting. One bag with clothes and Zarges case with food and we're done. Three days or three weeks, only thing that changes is the food and clothing allowance.

Recovery gear on the left side of the box, compressor, tools, sleep bags, behind the seats. Overhead in the rear (not pictured) is a net system I made to hold pillows, blankets and keep a factory clean look.

Rig has a TJM 10k winch up front, OEM brush bar, TJM lights, OEM raised air intake, Asfir front skid plate, tactical armor plates across the entire bottom.

Attachments

• rover hatch.JPG
    rover hatch.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 96
  • rover potty.JPG
    rover potty.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 95
  • rover potty seat.JPG
    rover potty seat.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
1998 Jeep TJ with hitch hauler and rear seat out: