new trailer build, help needed

Glenn D

Observer
There is another thread about one that looks just like that with out the top, somewhere here in the trailer section.... the fenders were the same... At least that maybe a little helpful??... :)

jjamesyj

well i ordered a 3500lb axle to match the track width of the 4runner today. plans are to build a sub frame and extend the tounge a bit.. build a small rack on top to accomadate a rtt at some point, but coolers and such for now. this will basically be used to do some more exploring around colorado (im new to the area) and the surrounding states. but when fall hit it will be used as a base camp for the hunts as i am an avid big game hunter

jjamesyj

23191102-050-Sears-4-X-5-enclosed-utility-trailer.jpg
well after a bit of searching, i found that the trailer was built by sears back in the late 50s and early 60s. it was called a 4x5 enclosed utlity trailer

jjamesyj

well i finally got a bit of modivation to get the trailer finished up. got the axel and new springs mounted, extended the tounge and built a set of fenders. i picked up a set of steel wheels and mounted a set of 265s. then i fabbed up a box/kitchen area in he back to hold the stove and cooking equipment. its starting to come around. hoping to have it finished up by the end of the month for a week trip around the four corners area over the 4th of july weekend. pictures to come

jjamesyj

here are a few

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 8

jjamesyj

the box in the back will be set up for a kitchen. i have water plumbed to the back and an intsant hot water heater ready to go in on the front. hoping to get it done here soon so i can use it.

jjamesyj

I can't decide if I want to paint it to match the tow rig. In a desert dune metallic or rhino line the whole thing

jjamesyj

here is a picture of the tow rig coming off the exit of hells revenge in moab over memorial day weekend

Attachments

• 4runner.jpg
    4runner.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior