adventure motorcycle show on netflix

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I found two shows. One called "long way round" and one callled "long way down".
I am half way through long way down and am really enjoying watching them trek through africa. I wish I had the money/time/etc to do such a trip.

Long way Round: ride from london england to new york, NY

long way down: ride from london england to capetown south africa

Ewan Mcgregor (star wars) and a few buddies on BMW GS adventure 1200s, 2 chase vehicles, lots of mud, lots of broken parts and a whole lot of fun.

Enjoy!

Check it out on netflix:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Way_Down

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Way_Round

Long Way Down - Mud River Crossing - YouTube

RHINO

Expedition Leader
are you a groundhog? have you been living in a hole in the ground off grid and only just came up to see whats happeneing in the world?:)

Maverick1701

Adventurer
are you a groundhog? have you been living in a hole in the ground off grid and only just came up to see whats happeneing in the world?:)

Well apparently so. I also posted this on a texas motorcycle forum I am on and got pretty much the same answer.

I spent several years without (fast) internet so now that I finally have internet that is fast enough to run Netflix, it's like I have discovered a whole new world.

Presto88

Adventurer
Welcome to the 21st century Maverick!

They are both great shows. I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to see them!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
And here I got all excited for a new show.....

I would have been happy on their trip either on a bike or in one of their support vehicles.

IKE2013

Observer
Don't feel bad Maverick. I grew up without A/C and cable, didnt have either till I was 31 years old. You don't miss something you have never had, right? My buddy cracked me up, he was shocked that I didn't have cable. He said, What's two things that everybody has? A cellphone and cable. Even a Crackhead has a cellphone and cable, no car and a ****ty apartment, but he still has a cell and cable!

I just got the Netflix last year, I will check that out.

Watch "Dust to Glory" it is a good one about the Baja race. Some good stuff too~!!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's true, these shows have been out literally for years. But, what you may not know Maverick, is how these shows fit into the adventure riding community. Hard as it is to believe, many within the adventure moto world love to chide McGregor and Boorman as being frauds, or at best, lightweights because they did these rides with a support team. I find that notion absurd. Most of those riders have accomplished little more than to flatten a few couch cushions.

trailsurfer

Explorer
I am jealous that you are getting to see these shows for the first time. I have watched both LWR and LWD more then 5 times, and I never get tired of watching them. Having done quite a bit of foreign overland travel on my moto, these two series are what inspired me.

grimbo

Explorer
Charlie has also done a few other shows, By any means, a trip from London to Sydney. Also another one where he travelled around South Africa. Both are good watches.

They may have had support crews but they still did the trips and still rode the bikes. Good on them for doing it. Elitist squabbling about whether it "counts" is just pathetic whinging that doesn't need recognising

YotaPilot

Adventurer
These are great shows, and I also recently rediscovered them on Netflix. To the OP, be careful watching them. If it hasn't already, the adventuring motorcycling bug will bite you bad during/after watching them.

b1pig

i never knew the shows existed until i found LWR on netflix last month. watched with glee until the final episode. holding off on watching LWD... partly due to what YotaPilot said. :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94