My little sleeping pod i built for a utility trailer

lilgription

Observer
Im calling it O.S.P. short for Outdoorsman Sleeping Pod.... Weighs in at around 400lbs and can also fit into all full-size pickup trucks. I built this for my hunting and fishing trips. Just a basic build with no frills. Heat will be supplied by a little Coleman heater that fits onto the small throw away propane tanks. Battery powered LED lights for the interior and a roof rack is being designed for my Kayaks to go above

lilgription

Observer
IMG_20130930_093624_267_zpsaa180464.jpg Not finished the interior completely but the side walls and floor is painted with Rustoleum Restore Deck Paint , I have to say I'm impressed with the durability so far. Ive dropped hammers and drills in it and it didn't phase it at all. Good texture and grip, the only bad thing is that it don't go far. 25square foot per gallon with two coats but it's awesome stuff

jersey96_xj

That's cool! Got any other details you could share? What did you build it out of? What connects it to the trailer? How do you load it on and off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

lilgription

Observer
Its a pretty simple build spec.. sidewalls are 3/4 ply the floor is framed and 1/2 ply tarred on the bottom for water protection. The front , roof and back wall is 2x3 sparred with 1/2 ply on outside , 1 1/2 inches of foam insulation and 1/4 paneling for the interior. The pod itself is mounted to two treated 4x4 runners with eye-bolts on each end. It will connect to the trailer with ratchet straps or small turnbuckles not had it on a road test yet.. It will be loaded with a gantry in my garage that has an electric winch and the Pod sits on a cart in the garage so I can move it around if needed. The outside is epoxied and camo painted....
That's cool! Got any other details you could share? What did you build it out of? What connects it to the trailer? How do you load it on and off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

grimbo

Explorer
I'd be very careful using a propane heater in there, especially while sleeping. It will burn through the oxygen very quickly.

What sort of ventilation does it have?

762X39

Explorer
I love your build. about as simple as can be. I like the trailer window with the slider for fresh air. The fact that it can be skidded onto a trailer or carried in a truck bed is a bonus. Checks off all the boxes of the KISS rule.:coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior