79 Ford Creger

Magilla82

Observer
Alright guys, here is my first Expedition Vehicle... I've been looking for something along the lines of this (as i never knew these even existed!) with 4x4 vans, or an ambulance and convert the box and add 4wd. I absolutely LOVE Craigslist finds =D I dont have any immediate plans for her, but i have already started saving for a 12v Cummins swap (not that she needs it, as the engine runs amazingly) But i'd like to take my time and build a powerful and reliable 12v to throw in her 2-3 years down the road. Next spring i will gut and update the interior, but for now... She is perfectly ready for use, planning on taking her out next weekend if all goes well.

I'll keep this thread updated with anything i do to/with her. I am an avid snowboarder and planning on a few storm chases this winter, there is nothing like waking up to 16" of fresh powder and you're already at the resort =D

Currently has:
Dana 60 front and rear, C6 trans, 400m engine with 351c heads for higher compression, ceramic coated headers, and damn near new BFG All Terrains.

First day i saw her and fell in love :drool:

steelheadbum

Adventurer
That was a great buy! I seen it on CL and if you paid less wow great job.
Congrats
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Magilla82

Observer
Thanks guys! Not sure what me being in tall cotton means? Lol.

Buck, i paid full asking price. It is totally worth it, previous owner has had it since 01 and runs his own mechanic shop. Everything works great and runs even better! It does a hell of alot better on the mountains/hills than my old 6.9 idi diesel ambulance did. Not sure exactly what else you'd like pictures of? Lol, but once i get her to my place i will definitely take any/as many pictures as you guys like :victory:

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Its funny you mentioned 12v....cause when I seen the listing that was the first thing that came to mind!!
DO IT
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Manitou

Beat me to it by a day. Bummed I missed out on it, but glad it went to another boarder. I was going to get with affordable fuel injection folks but keep the 400. Good luck with her!

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Nice. I'd never seen one of those either.

The English language is full of idioms that have different meanings apart from the exact definition of the words. The southern part of the United States is particularly known for having unusual idioms. The phrase "tall cotton" or "high cotton" originates from when the South was known for producing cotton crops. The phrase "tall cotton" referred to having wealth or happiness.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/facts_5992774_meaning-tall-cotton_.html#ixzz2hWnvaPIf

Magilla82

Observer
Beat me to it by a day. Bummed I missed out on it, but glad it went to another boarder. I was going to get with affordable fuel injection folks but keep the 400. Good luck with her!

Ahhh, damn. I'm kind of sorry lol. Rick did tell me about you though lol. It was definitely a "****, or get off the pot" situation.

Manitou

Oh I'm not happy about it after all Rick and I talked, but no issue with you bro. If I was local and walked up with cash.. I'd expect him to sell it to me too. I was trying to talk him down a few buck just because that's my nature.. Would have paid full price too if it was the difference between getting it or not getting it. There will be another though.. There always is ;)

Manitou

Ha.. Nice! I like the one piece Creger/Tiger style though. I'll try to stick with local deals from now on (anything out of the Reno/Sacramento area is perfect).
Now.. Who else has a Creger for sale?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke