On board water supply questions.

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
I just picked up some water tanks from a private jet. They are stainless steel but they need to be vertical for the drain and fill ports. But I would like them to be under the trailer. I could put them in the truck where the factory spare was located. But I would rather have it in the trailer or at least one of them. They are about 15 gallon tanks. Any ideas or thoughts? Reasons for pro or con on being in the truck or under the trailer.
6ymurymu.jpg
8ymuqera.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Looks like modern art. Except for heat transfer, why not mount them on the outside? They are all pretty, afterall.

If not in view, how about underneath the trailer and tap one cell for air relief?

xaqori

Looks like modern art. Except for heat transfer, why not mount them on the outside? They are all pretty, afterall.

If not in view, how about underneath the trailer and tap one cell for air relief?
He's got a point. They would look interesting on the outside. I'd be opposed to mounting them underneath though due to the fact that that's where they'd be the most likely to see pretty bad damage

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
I don't have the space outside due to the way the camper opens up. It has three beds. They come out from the front and both sides. Unless I can come up with a design to integrate them into the fenders.
6aqy2y3e.jpg

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
They are very interesting. That is one reason I grabbed them after the customer decided he did not want them. You got me thinking how to get them in the design for the fenders. Any ideas?

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Are your beds covered with tents or anything? What structures remain near the intersections of the sleeping areas and trailer body?

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
tubu7ahy.jpg

y7y4yjum.jpg
u6yzesup.jpg
urydyje8.jpg

There are 2 legs about 3 feet out from the body on the sides and about 5 feet out on the front. One canvas tent covers the whole trailer. I am fairly new to EP. So I do not know how to link my trailer build to this post. But if you search 3 bed tent trailer. It should bring it up. I will look into how to link it here but if you know please feel free to instruct me. Thanks in advance.

gatorgrizz27

Just put them on the front of the trailer horizontally and pay ~$100 to have the fill/drain ports re-welded. Stainless is easy and will be just as durable when it's done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior