1986 B2 build

storey618

Observer
got the brakes done earlier and its awesome being able to stop now! brake warning lights still on, anyone now why? also my vigorous shake is gone, used to happen around 55 but now it dosnt. there was brake parts in the bottom of the drum when i popped it off maybe thats why?

storey618

Observer
does anyone know how to put a headlight reminder on the switch itself? the reminder noise i mean, being an old truck mine dosnt have it but i cant imagine its that difficult to install. i park alot of places and just hangout and alot of times ill leave either my marker lights or headlights on and not realize it until i either get out of the truck or i just happen to look at the switch

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
It should have one already, lots of people take em out cause they can be annoying. Your truck should have left the factory with one. Hit up he local junk yard for a good used one, there should be a hanging plug under your dash for it.

storey618

Observer
ill have to look, thanks man! also today i decided against lifting my truck because it dosnt seem logical for its uses. i dont rock crawl or go anywhere extreme so the new plan is just meatier 235-75-15 tires which hopefully i can get with tax money this year

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
I made the same choice as to not lift mine either. Today's adventure for the B2 was new wheel bearings. Only to find my front brake lines were dry rotted. So new bearings, brake lines, and a good old brake bleeding...
9u8a2uga.jpg

regyvy5y.jpg

Last edited:

kenncarl

Good looking rigs i recently got my hands on a 87 bronco 2 in the middle of converting it to 4x4 allready done with the 4.0 clutch swap

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Where are the pictures? I just got a visor for mine from the scrap yard. Also had the luxury of installing a new hydraulic clutch Master Cylinder in the cold.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

storey618

Observer
currently the b2 is for sale, i got hired into my job fulltime so pay went up and i was able to get a loan so i recently picked up this beauty...

DSCN006723.jpg

2003 dakota, 3.9l, auto. im sad to get rid of the bronco but this truck is really nice and i need the b2 to be sold to help pay off the loan

Bernard_Roofus

"Jackaroo of all trades"
Sorry to hear it, but at least you got a cool truck out of it all. Good luck on the sale!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
currently the b2 is for sale, i got hired into my job fulltime so pay went up and i was able to get a loan so i recently picked up this beauty...

View attachment 208569

2003 dakota, 3.9l, auto. im sad to get rid of the bronco but this truck is really nice and i need the b2 to be sold to help pay off the loan

If you can swing it, IMHO you will be better off with both trucks. The B2 is a much better choice for off-road - much more aftermarket support (there is no support for the Dakota). Also, it is nice to be able to set up a truck for off-road/expeditioning and not have to drive it to work everyday.

storey618

Observer
i would love to do that but i just dont have the money to pay off a loan, and keep a truck i dont need...and build that truck to go break it haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier