19.5" Offroad Tyres in Australia

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
G'day all

Can anyone lead me to any available 285x70x19.5" offroad tyres in Australia.

I have had a local bloke looking into it and I have scanned some stuff on the interwebby thing and have basically come up blank. Plenty of 245's and other sizes but not what I'm after.

Any help greatly appreciated.:snorkel:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
G'day all

Can anyone lead me to any available 285x70x19.5" offroad tyres in Australia.

I have had a local bloke looking into it and I have scanned some stuff on the interwebby thing and have basically come up blank. Plenty of 245's and other sizes but not what I'm after.

Any help greatly appreciated.:snorkel:

Hi Turtle....my opinion........the most common tyres in the 285/70r/19.5 that i see being used offroad are

Toyo M608z ...this is what we fit 95% of the time. Toughest all terrain tyre in this size.....and best performer in mud. It's the most popular with everyone running 19.5" rims......usually in stock but sometimes hard to get if the mines are really busy. Ask Jon (not me) at ATW for availability otherwise any Tyrepower outlet.

Kuhmo KRD 02 ...... Second choice if You can't find a Toyo. These steer really nice on bad country roads and are a fair bit cheaper.

Aeolus make a copy of the KRD02 pattern......OK and very cheap.

Michelin XDE2+ ..... good tyre but far more road oriented .....very hard compound with good life on highway. Not cheap.

Kuhmo KRS03........definitely a highway pattern but if you only drive on bitumen and sand this is best. We fit them on all commercial, goverment and emergency vehicles for beach use.

Pirelli and Hankook also do 19.5s but not in a 285. Kuhmo, Toyo and Michelin are 3 of the best truck tyre brands around though.

Good luck.
Regards
John

Last edited:

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
Thanks John for your comprehensive and detailed reply. You are obviously a wealth of knowledge and a great asset to this group.

I would like to come and visit your workshop one day, but unfortunately like many others I am in the "Time Poor" category for a few months, mainly due to three very beautiful little girls I know.

I got a quote for the Toyo M608Z tyres today at $498 a piece. Now that is serious. The most I think I have ever been asked to pay for a tyre in my life. And I have had some serious motorcycle tyres that started out higher than that but never what I ended up paying.
I'm looking further afield.

We are going for our first family drive in the FG tomorrow as I have basically finished all I have set out to do with the initial phase of getting the truck on the road and ready as a daily drive. My seat remodel has come out really good and the bride seems somewhat satisfied with it sitting in the drive but we will see what happens tomorrow. We will go from home out to Mt Tamborine, over the back to Canungra, over to Beaudesert, Boonah, Aratula, along the eastern escarpment to Rosewood, into Brissy via the Ipswich motorway and drop in on some friends for afternoon tea and back home. Should be a good day out... luck the air-con is working really well. By the end the bride will either love it or hate it. Hahahahahahahaaa.

Turtle59

Intrepid Wanderer
Thanks John for your comprehensive and detailed reply. You are obviously a wealth of knowledge and a great asset to this group.

I would like to come and visit your workshop one day, but unfortunately like many others I am in the "Time Poor" category for a few months, mainly due to three very beautiful little girls I know.

I got a quote for the Toyo M608Z tyres today at $498 a piece. Now that is serious. The most I think I have ever been asked to pay for a tyre in my life. And I have had some serious motorcycle tyres that started out higher than that but never what I ended up paying.

We are going for our first family drive in the FG tomorrow as I have basically finished all I have set out to do with the initial phase of getting the truck on the road and ready as a daily drive. My seat remodel has come out really good and the bride seems somewhat satisfied with it sitting in the drive but we will see what happens tomorrow. We will go from home out to Mt Tamborine, over the back to Canungra, over to Beaudesert, Boonah, Aratula, along the eastern escarpment to Rosewood, into Brissy via the Ipswich motorway and drop in on some friends for afternoon tea and back home. Should be a good day out... lucky the air-con is working really well. By the end the bride will either love it or hate it. Hahahahahahahaaa.

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018

We are going for our first family drive in the FG tomorrow as I have basically finished all I have set out to do with the initial phase of getting the truck on the road and ready as a daily drive. My seat remodel has come out really good and the bride seems somewhat satisfied with it sitting in the drive but we will see what happens tomorrow. We will go from home out to Mt Tamborine, over the back to Canungra, over to Beaudesert, Boonah, Aratula, along the eastern escarpment to Rosewood, into Brissy via the Ipswich motorway and drop in on some friends for afternoon tea and back home. Should be a good day out... luck the air-con is working really well. By the end the bride will either love it or hate it. Hahahahahahahaaa.

Dude....that's serious alright. A serious bargain.

If you want to drop up one day to have a look and can't make it during the week , I'll be in the workshop for the next few weekends working on my own truck. You're welcome to drop by....... and then we are having a big ATW Open Day on the 16th of November. I will put a post up soon. The open day will be best.

Have a nice day tomorrow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94