Wife Says I Bring Too Much Beer Camping

Sagestone

Observer
I bring some beer, but my wife is a wine drinker so that is what we bring the most of. Usually a bottle (occasionally two) a day so more space-efficient than beer. :)
pugs, they make some very good box wines now that pack much better than glass and each contains 4 bottles worth...keep the wife happy so when you are fabricating the keg rack there won't be so many questions.:rolleyes:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I plan for 3-4 strong tall beers. Something in the 6-8.5 percent range. Any more than that and I forget who I am. Plus I only have one friend who likes the same types of beer so I don't have to worry about supplying others. All my other friends and family are bud light and silver bullet drinkers.
You could save your Bud-Lite/Bullet drinkers a few bucks by urinating into a stein and giving it to them....

:coffeedrink:

vwhammer

Adventurer
I suppose it depends on where I am going, what I am driving/riding and when I get camp set up.
If I know there will be some civilization (and hopefully beer) nearby and I am on my motorcycle then I might not bring any with me.
I will just pick it up in a town nearby.
My primary risk here is that I don't drink garbage beer.
However most places I go tend to have the one cool spot that has a small selection of craft beers (Sierra Nevada is pretty easy to come by these days)
If I have to take beer on my bike then I will limit it to a six pack per night.
It helps a lot that a lot of brewers are doing the can thing now.
They are lighter, safer to carry and easier to pack the empties.
Grab a six (per person) of Sierra Nevada or Dales pale ale and I am good to go for a night.
I might bring along some cans that a local brewery is doing now (Jackie O's Mystic Mama IPA - look it up and drink it whenever you find it)

If I am in a truck then I have no issues carrying a pile as, generally, my space is not as limited.

I can say if I am on my bicycle or motorcycle and have had a particularly hard day and got camp set up late I may only drink 2 or 3 and be ready to hit the hay.

The last factor in all of this is keeping it cold.
This is not as much of an issue to me either as I generally have no issues drinking beer that is less than ideally cool.

Hell some stouts/porters are just fine after sitting in bag for a day then consuming

In my opinion warm beer is better than no beer.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I usually bring a 6ixer of an IPA for the first couple nights and try to pick up a somewhat local beer to wherever I am. Sometimes I will just fill the growler but with it being glass its a wonder it has survived this long. BTW, I hate Michigan's 10 cent deposit law.

doug720

Expedition Leader
I look at beer...and some other adult beverages, kind of like gasoline. The only time you can have too much is if you are on fire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz