Floor Jacks

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Curious what you guys are using for lifted vehicles....In the market for a 3 ton floor jack.

Max lift is important to minimize using wooden blocks....

shfd739

Observer
I'm using an Arcan XL35R that I got at Costco a couple years ago. Max lift height is 21.3 inches and has been plenty under the axle of my Land Cruiser. We've had no issues getting the truck high enough to swap springs or put the frame on stands. FWIW the Cruiser has about 3 inches of lift on 35s.

MotoDave

Explorer
I'm using an Arcan XL35R that I got at Costco a couple years ago. Max lift height is 21.3 inches and has been plenty under the axle of my Land Cruiser. We've had no issues getting the truck high enough to swap springs or put the frame on stands. FWIW the Cruiser has about 3 inches of lift on 35s.

I use the same jack, had it for 6 years and it has held up well.

Garrett@Oscaro

I have a ~10 year old 3 Ton HF special at home. I welded together a bolt-on extension to go between the saddle and the jack body, which gives me a bit more lift. It still works great, even when lifting my ~8,000lb Dodge Diesel.

Mack73

Adventurer
I just picked up a Arcan hybrid steel/aluminum 2.5 Ton jack from Costco for $99.

Maxes at a bit under 19" which is a little lower than I would like - but I'll just grab a 2x4 to make up the difference if I need it. Honestly for the price it was the best I found.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I keep a full size floor jack in the garage but for in the yard on on the go the bottle jack with a handful of wood blocks does the same thing without the bulk and weight.

cajunrebel

I bought a 6 ton from HF a few years ago and it kick but. I have been able to lift my full size Bronco by the engine crossmember a couple times when checking out steering issues and have also used it and a similar sized jack to remove the transmission and transfer case together. It won't be able to jack by the crossmember after I do a solid axle swap and 37s but should still be able to help with transmissions when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94