Quicksilver trailer

Silverback3

Any experience or opinions on the Quicksilver by Livin Lite pop up trailers. I saw one in camp this weekend with offroad tires and what look to be a lift of some type as it had a lot of ground clearance. Im looking for something I can tow with my JKUR. Thanks for any info.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
They are the makers of the Jeep pop up trailer too. They seem decent but IDK if they are worth the $$. Seems to me you get more bang for your buck with a Coleman or Aliner.

daveh

Adventurer
We picked ours up with a huge discount and so far are more than happy with it. I wanted something comfortable for sleeping off the ground, enough height to stand up inside and electrical connection for heat. It's does all of this and I can setup/take down in minutes by myself. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383065703.464488.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1383065729.092400.jpg

jagular7

Adventurer
They are considerably light weight in comparison to other mfrs of similar camper and size.

I had a pickup bed box (before they came out with their slide-ins) and put that on a trailer for a little utility/expedition-like camper. Pulled that around for little over a year with a 4cyl/auto TJ. The camper itself, for what it was, was a basic soft top bed. The limitation I had with it, door size opening (to load prior to trip) without opening top, snaps that would stress the fabric, and the inside space of the cramped floor.

Would have preferred something like their Jeep camper or the commercial version (6.0). Lots more floor space. Cost is a prohibitor for me right now.

lhuyviet

Any experience or opinions on the Quicksilver by Livin Lite pop up trailers. I saw one in camp this weekend with offroad tires and what look to be a lift of some type as it had a lot of ground clearance. Im looking for something I can tow with my JKUR. Thanks for any info.

We have a QS 8.0 that we tow with a Toyota Matrix AWD.

It's well build, but it's an old design: snaps and bungee cords, therefore when it rains, setting it, can be anoying, and ventilation will be limited to about 1" per window. We have 3x 12v fan which help a bit, still investigating for improving our ventilation.

The all in one power converter/charger/distribution panel that came with it, is not an intelligent charger, so, I added a small intelligent charger and relay.

The stock one has good ground clearence, so I can imagine the offroad one to be quiet capable, assuming that you change the ball hitch for something else.

Since it can be quiet cold up here, we added a propane furnace in place of the water tank.

A bit expensive, but you can find used one at a good price, they are very nice lightweight camper, it helps saving on gas).

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior