Passenger wheels on trailer hubs?

CYi5

Explorer
I just received my drum brakes that are setup for 6x5.5 and am wanting to run some 05+ Tacoma offroad rims on them (because they are sitting around).

One issue is that the wheels are hub centric, I don't see this being a huge problem as it is a lightweight trailer, I'm sure the lugs will center it enough.

The second issue is that the studs are 1/2" threads, as opposed to the M12x1.5 metric lug nuts the wheels already come with. This leaves two options:
A) Order 1/2" sized toyota mag-style lugs (can be found here)
B) Order and press in new M12x1.5 metric studs. The problem with this is that metric studs are a slightly larger knurl diameter (1/2" = 0.54, M12 = 0.559) than the 1/2" studs. I'm not sure if this difference would make it difficult to press in the replacements.

For those of you who are running passenger wheels on your trailers, is everyone just running wheel adapters/spacers (something i'd like to avoid for width reasons)?

86tuning

Adventurer
I would install metric studs so that you can run the same lugnuts on both truck and trailer so that there will be no confusion and much lower chance of damaged threads.

If the hole isn't big enough that's something that a tapered reamer or drill would quickly fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94