Project G-WAGEN

spallet

Be aware that the intake manifold might hit the Brake booster,,,if you are using original Mercedes engine mounts it will hit, you need specific g class a/c bracket for compressor

xracer9

Observer
Thank you for the info. I´m using toyota fzj 80 engine mounts, because in my country can find them anywhere and the brake booster did not hit. So I made the engine and chassis brackets acording to them.
Be aware that the intake manifold might hit the Brake booster,,,if you are using original Mercedes engine mounts it will hit, you need specific g class a/c bracket for compressor

xracer9

Observer
you are right but, in this country there is no EPA nor OSHA.... so unfortunately the people that made the sb service, works in open areas....and there is no other way.... :(

I bet the EPA and OSHA love this method. :cool::cheeky:

xracer9

Observer
During sandblasting realized the body has too much plastic putty so the excess of sand deformed the sheet metal in some parts , and then after the process really showed how bad it was, the lousy job that has been done before with patches badly welded and has many parts damaged by rust. However, before starting repairs and restoration, applied epoxy primer to prevent corrosion and protect the white metal.

20140614_104704_resized.jpg

20140614_104725_resized.jpg

20140614_104655_resized.jpg

20140618_094817_resized.jpg

20140618_095220_resized.jpg

TELOS

Roaming the Pacific Coast
I love this thread! I just started planning my own G restoration for next summer. Keep up the posts - great work! I'm taking notes ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TELOS

Roaming the Pacific Coast
I haven't purchased the project truck yet (I'm waiting until next spring to buy) but I am thinking a late 80s LWB diesel G, either with a 5-speed manual or doing the conversion to one. I'm working on a build plan now and building a list of places to source the parts once the build begins. I'll start a new thread and post updates as it goes along. The restoration will take place in Colorado, so I'll be looking for a good paint shop in the Colorado Springs / Denver area. That's another story for the restoration thread, though - I don't want to hijack this thread.

Keep up the posts OP - very motivational.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hus55

great work !!! wow......

will be following this thread closely. btw, what bushes will you be using? oe rubber or poly ?

rgds hus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000