My Little Buddy Build

SwampfoxSC

Observer
Found this guy on CraigsList. And had to grab it. It's not what you think it is. A local Jeep dealer had these made back in the 80s. It's in great shape other than hack job on the front end. I figured I would lengthen the draw bar on a m416 like most. So I will be hitting the local steel yard soon for some tubing. And some flat for a lid. I love that it has a tail gate already. It will make this so much more useful for the 350 days per year. It will not be used as a camp rig. Got a few questions for you guys. What is a good draw bar length from the front of the tub? I would like to hinge my lid to the front. Any major draw backs to this? I figure it would work best for my needs. I'm gonna put a rack on the lid. So we can haul all the BMX bikes to the races. since it has a tail gate a side strut on the rear wouldn't work well. And would be in the way. I need to weld some flat triangles at the corners to brace it up some also. It has some flex with the gate. Or get some type of latch that draws the rear tight. I definitely want to ditch the rattle trap chain/latch system on it now. But it's solid and damn near zero rust. Not a bad start for $400.
image.jpg

Last edited:

SwampfoxSC

Observer
image.jpg

After a $1.25 at the car wash. Is it just or do these fenders have a wider spread? Should fit 33s with a SOA mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz