37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
Mmmmmkay!!
Thanks for advice.
Fan came in waiting to get some Dicor before install
Only have one tiny window in box that opens. It does have a screen.
I would love more screened Windows. Back ones would be nice. Or maybe rig a screen and leave a door open in some situations.
I hope to install fan some time next week. Probably in rear left corner of box.

cjken

Explorer
The led lights in the light bar worked out really nice. Soo much brighter than what was in there.
I was able to reinstall the clear covers over them.
b5c90946421fe3564a0f80e205b50c6c.png

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Look good... Almost like the original. Hopefully the police don't hassle you... Although I've found they don't bother you if you behave yourself.

I bet it seems like your headlights are off after you've had those on at night. :D

cjken

Explorer
Look good... Almost like the original. Hopefully the police don't hassle you... Although I've found they don't bother you if you behave yourself.

I bet it seems like your headlights are off after you've had those on at night. :D

As long as the front lights are not red I think I am ok.
I did get a ticket once for that.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Hey Ken,

I am about to swap out the front hubs on my K30 Quigley setup just like you did.

Questions:

Where did you source your hubs from?

Were you able to keep your ABS working? I am unclear as to if the tone rings are
mounted to the hub, or to the rotor...

With your current set up, with your tires measuring approx 12.3 inches wide, how close are you to
rubbing with the wheels turned?

Being in my usual mode of "cart before the horse" I went ahead an bought one of these 36''x15'' Mickey's,
and I am determined to run them.

My rims are -34/1.34 inches) and yours are -12/.47 inches.

So, I guess if my tires are 2 1/2'' wider than your BFG's, I need at least 1 1/4'' of total -offset clearance.

Maybe I can just add a 1/2 spacer ring to my 1.34 -offset rims and be ok...... Does this make sense?

Sneak Peek:
IMG_20170527_125208.jpg IMG_20170527_125553.jpg

So the road noise of the military tires gets to me on long trips.
I've run them across country and on many smaller trips successfully, but it's time for a change. They are so heavy I actually had a hard time lifting the tire into the truck when I changed tire recently. (Maybe I'm just weak)
I'm gonna try something different
I could not find a more road orientated tire in a 16.5 so I am swapping hubs and going to try running a 17 in rim and some 35's

View attachment 307107
View attachment 307105
View attachment 307106

Put the little stock tires on till the 35's come in.
Looks strange with the small tires!
View attachment 307108

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I run 12.5 with 6" of lift. My guess is that with those 15" wides you're going to have to do some SERIOUS fender modding to get those to work. I've modded my bumper and some very very miner inner fender work and I still get rub when turned and twisted at the same time. I have more to do.

I mean good luck and all and keep everyone posted, but I figure you're in for way more work than just a bit of spacer.

UHAULER

Explorer
Cutting the front fenders makes a huge difference. I'm running a 285/75/16 with 2" lift on my 2wd . The fenderwells are too small to begin with.
DSC00201copy.jpg DSC00199copy.jpg DSC00202copy.jpg

cjken

Explorer
I'll try to answer as best I can I have limited connection in mountains this weekend.
Tone rings are on the hubs.
You can get the hubs machined for the tone rings or get hubs from quigley with the rings.
I don't have front abs I lost it when I had to change a spindle a few yrs back.
At some point I may visit fixing it.

I have no running at all even when flexed.
Those tires you got look awesome!!!
I feel like my 35" s have been a good compromise for my usage.

Just did my back brakes for this weekends trip.
The drums were hanging up in reverse a bit.
Drums were hard to get off but glad I addressed it.
fc50709e7ded301b253a20f0d33e180e.jpg

If I think of anything else I'll try to add later when I am in town and have connection.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Have saw/hammer, WILL CUT!!

Thx Tom. I still haven't put my Agile coils on yet, so hopefully that 1''-ish extra will help some.

When I bought this thing, I wanted to build something with a little attitude, and for it to be slightly obnoxious.
According to my neighbors, it is already obnoxious, so now I am working on the attitude.

I am REALLY thankful for those of you that have gone before me, all of the tips, and for when we meet
at a campfire sometime and compare scarred knuckles! #EXPOEast2017

Besides, it's only money, and I can't take it with me. But, at the same time, money is still the reason
why I have only bought one, so far! #Pricey I have to try.....

"Regret is a form of punishment itself" Khan

I run 12.5 with 6" of lift. My guess is that with those 15" wides you're going to have to do some SERIOUS fender modding to get those to work. I've modded my bumper and some very very miner inner fender work and I still get rub when turned and twisted at the same time. I have more to do.

I mean good luck and all and keep everyone posted, but I figure you're in for way more work than just a bit of spacer.

UHAULER

Explorer
The sliver was at least an inch probably closer to inch and a quarter. On the back side of the fender there is a stiffener that is spot welded. I drilled out all the welds to get it off.
My bodywork isn't perfect but good enough for this old van.

DSC00212copy.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
If you have more money than time (or body work skill, like me).
, there's somebody making glass fenders that are already opened way up and also have quite a bit of flare built in. I'm thinking of going that route just for the extra coverage. My tires stick out a fair amount, even with bushwhackers, and I'm not crazy about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier