Cold air intake plus more...

J.murphey

This seems like a small easy question but forgive me...I am a noob.

After some searching and what not I found a 2003 Ford f150 4.6 v8 heritage edition with a high rise cap 88000miles under my budget.

now I am on to building
My primary mods right now will be to build out the bed for sleeping
duel batteries
inverter
cap lighting
cap roof rack
sleeping area heat
stereo head unit and speakers (the stock are ****)
Interior, whoever owned this trashed the inside but the body and engine are beautiful, seat covers, steering wheel, center council etc all need touch ups

My main winter uses right now are over nights whilst ice climbing up in the White Mountains. ill only be on winterized dirt roads or tarmac for the next couple of months.

now to my original question, is a cold air intake worth it. I will be driving this a fair bit so I would like to maximize my MPG as much as possible. (i know its and f150 its not going to get great miles.)

Also any other advice/help/parts recommendations would be awesome. Thanks!

east_tn_81

Adventurer
Not worth it. Good maintenance and a OEM filter will pay off. If you get any extra mpg from a cold air intake it will never out way the cost.

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
Here is an article for you that is DIY...cost just some time and a few bucks...just put a K&N in the factory air box.

Good luck with the new truck

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Is it possible to make one? I wanted one on my 2002 f350 but at $300 a pop no way. I found some correct size diameter conduit at work, a Wix air filter at Orielys and some clamps and for $60 I had the same thing

Sent from S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior