Cargo Trailer Build - 10'x5'x6'

jwinco

Added windows

I bought a couple of windows from an ebay store for about $180 after shipping. The company let me pick the trim ring depth which was perfect. These are 12"x24" vert sliders with locking windows and screen. The windows are self sealing with a rubber gaskit that compresses when you screw the two halves together.

First I used the trim ring to mark a template on the aluminum skin. Then I cut the skin with an angle grinder and a short-bit jig saw. The trim rings inside and out allow for a little wiggle room.

Next I used my drill to "trace" the shape by drilling through the wood wall from outside the trailer through the window. Then I just connected the dots with the jig saw and cleaned the edges to ensure a good fit.

My vertical frame bars were wide enough that I had to use a cutoff wheel with the grinder to trim them back to allow for the windows.

The hardest part was probably pressing it together tight enough for the short screws to fit.

In the end it looked great and makes the interior seem a lot bigger.

Next up - make tear-away shades that will velcro 360 degrees all the way around the windows.

Total install time for both windows - about 3 hours

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.jpg
photo 1-1.jpg
photo 2-1.JPG

jwinco

Built a light pine frame to hold a mattress. Just have a couple 2x4 on edge to support the slats. The whole frame can be released with a few screws so I can take it out or fold it up against the wall. Manageable with 1 person.
IMG_4467.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg

jwinco

I've been using the trailer quite a bit and it's great! Awesome storage under the bed. Electric safe-touch radiant heater keeps us warm. Love all the different exterior lights for aiding in set-up
IMG_4838.jpg
IMG_4831.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94