Leatherman Wave review / warranty replacement

skinzluch

Adventurer
One of the blades on my Leatherman Wave stopped locking this year so I sent it back to the company and they sent me a brand new one. The thing was 15 years old but they back it for 25. I was pretty stoked so I reviewed it on my site. Here's a link to the post. If you have a broken one in a drawer somewhere, send it in. I put a link to their warranty info in the post.

If yours is still good and, like me, you haven't needed to shop for new one, you probably haven't seen what the new ones feature. They have removable drive bits now, all the tools lock. They're pretty cool. It's still my favorite camping tool.

p1080546.jpg

p1080548.jpg

Last edited:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I and others have similar stories. I wish all tool makers did their job and promoted their products like this. I had become very attached to my leatherman. After sending it in for a warranty repir, I purchased another one. To my delight , they also replaced my old one with a brand new Wave.
I will be a repeat customer again someday.

Oh, BTW, OREGON proud!

Last edited:

DGarman

What could go wrong?
I've always preferred Leatherman tools over all the others, but never had a problem with one.
It's refreshing to deal with a company that backs up it's products, no questions asked.

Dennis

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Ditto. I sent an original Leatherman in years ago to get the smallest screwdriver blade replaced after I tweaked it. It was obvious I had used it in a manner it wasn't designed for, so I expected to be charged for the repair. Much to my surprise they replaced it under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior