Seat re-foam

Mowgli

Supporting Sponsor
Has anyone every had the seat refoamed? I have a 2012 jku that the right bolster is really stiff and the left one is pretty worn. The right side makes my leg and butt really hurt on long drives

bdp1978

Adventurer
Really easy project to do. I just did my Ram a few nights ago. I had the same thing, stiff right side and broken down on the left. I sat at a bit of an angle because of it and it drove me NUTS!!! It also hurt my legs after awhile.

Just pull the seat out, pull back the cover and either add foam you've custom cut to do the bolster etc...which is what I did. OR, you can typically find full replacement foam on ebay etc that is OEM. I used the replacement cushions you can buy at craft stores for patio furniture or boat throwables and trimmed accordingly. Took a total of 40 minutes and I had the seat back in and bolted in the truck.

pluton

Adventurer
I got a quote today of $65 to redo just the bottom part with stiffer foam
That's a really good price; here in the L.A. area, admittedly on the higher-priced side of town, it cost about $100 to have the bottom foam replaced in 2006, over $200 recently. Stiffer foam is better, imo.

verdesardog

Explorer
In my 06 CTD I just lifted the left side cover and placed some carefully folded cloth material in the bad section and coverd it back up. Better than new and the fabric will never deteriorate of crumble like foam would. Red neck? maybe, but it's like new!

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I used to work at an auto upholstery shop. We would have some "budget-minded" folks bring in their older cars (some newer even) that wanted the foam a little firmer. Our easy "budget-friendly" method was taking some canvas pieces close to the same size as the seat and simply spraying them with cohesive and reassembling them. 99.9% were happy from what I remember.

I have been considering doing something like this to my '04 Tacoma seats seeing they possess some serious suckage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior