Adventures of Tumbleweed.

bdog1

Adventurer
And finally the inside.
du7anaza.jpg

2" aluminum tabs are inside the door holding unit from movement. A support for the weight might be a good idea, but, I haven't done that yet. I really don't use this door. With jack on the rack 60* swing is all you get anyway.
8aze8uzu.jpg

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

bdog1

Adventurer
Pulled out the folding bed and some other items. Really looks like an EB now!

bdog1

Adventurer
gasy7ahe.jpg

Gone is the wall around rear AC.
yqypyzep.jpg

Getting ready to do a plywood platform and, since "Dawgvan" made fun of CDX, I guess I have to use the good stuff. Trying 1/2".
etu6abuv.jpg

I used this mat on the floor and it's been great, now I'm going to add it to the platform too. Wally World.

bdog1

Adventurer
Plan is route out a 1/2" track in a 2x3 for top and bottom and glue in ply to create a "ply lam beam" effect. Separate out a couple of storage areas and set up a 16" section that can be pulled out to create an isle towards the passenger side. I see a trip to the homeless depot in my future.
I figure I use the van for storing gear, sleeping and traveling. If the weather is decent seems everything else is outside living. That, and being cramped sleeping sideways in the van, is what's guiding my changes.

bdog1

Adventurer
New platform is in. Nothing fancy for sure, but good and solid.
4ata3ete.jpg
gajy9eza.jpg
zudyze4u.jpg
4e9etaqy.jpg

Still needs trim work, but... Made the isle 18" since 16" felt too skinny. Separated the under bed storage into several compartments to stop stuff from shifting around. Added the 1/2" weight room mat. This set-up leaves 14" clear under the deck for storage, it feels taller, although it's only an inch or so higher. Looking forward to stretching out longways on my next trip. Pure luxury!

bdog1

Adventurer
Working a couple of loose end projects. Door pocket on side door.
aqyrata5.jpg

Van had the "jungle gym" mirrors originally. I hate the damn things! So I swapped and just stuck the bolts back in the doors, well a year later finally filled them!
uqyty6up.jpg

Much better.
arasaqu7.jpg

Yea, cleaned up hinges too.

bdog1

Adventurer
Came with the van (cable splice rig) just the normal "cop car set-up. Nice for recovery/winch work.

dar395

Adventurer
I'm just getting started on my van and looking for idea's, love your tire carrier. I'm 6'7" and saw your thinking of moving your bed. I had found a 88" long fold out couch that makes into a full bed and on the wood slats. Great mattress and the fold option gives you the storage under & great seating on rain days. I'll try to get you a little more infor. You can find it a Ikea.com., should be listed as a new item as they just came out a month ago.

bdog1

Adventurer
Yea. Just redesigned platform. Initially I went to great lengths to have a fold up deal, but we never used it in the couch configuration, especially when camping, since there's stuff stored under it. This time it's fixed with the exception of a sixteen inch lift out section that makes an isle, basically for Homeless Depot runs. On its first trip this week. Time will tell. Seems we carry WAY too much junk!

bdog1

Adventurer
Hope everyone gets some quality time this holiday season. Merry Christmas from Florida.
pu2avase.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior