Hmmm, Tepui sale...

Mullet5

I already own one Tepui tent, and I love it. But since I am going to start building my new (very old) truck some time after the new year, I am spending way too much time lurking around the internet, gawking at all of the fun stuff I want.

I was just poking around the Tepui site, and they are having a sale, 15% off until the 28th. Arg! I am not at all ready to buy the RTT for the new rig, but maybe I should just do it. Also, new problem: my current tent is the Autana, and I will probably buy that again, but the Kukenam Sky is looking kind of tempting. A roof tent with a skylight? That is kind of bad ***.

Soooo... Think I should buy one now while the sale is happening and let it clog up my garage for six months or more, or just wait until I need one?

chriswh86

250Explorer.com
Mullet,

I have never used or seen a RTT in real life. Im new! I just checked out the Tepui website though and to me, the Gran Sabana or the Autana would be great RTT. I like the idea of the covered ladder area, Kind of lets you stroll out of the tend, down the ladder where you can change etc in privacy still before entering the world. All other tents would require being clothed before exiting the tent down the ladder, unless.....ahh nevermind...:p

How do you like your current Autana, any issues, how long have you had it? Cheers

Chris,

Mullet5

Hey Chris,

In short, we love our Autana. We have had it for a bit over two years now I think, and it has needed very little. If I had to guess, I would say we have around 75 nights in it. We have used it in hot, cold, rain, and even snow. You are spot-on about the annex (the zip on room around the ladder), It gives you a place to hang out, read, cook, whatever, no matter what the weather is. I would not have enjoyed cooking breakfast in the snow without it.

We are leaving for Baja next month with four people, two will sleep up top, and the other two will sleep in the annex, so there's another good use!

Issues:

I have replaced the Velcro hold down straps on the sides of the tent, the original velcro was getting worn out. It probably didn't help that I usually leave the bedding in the tent so the Velcro really has to work hard to keep it closed. I had my upholstery guy make some beefy new straps out of 2" seat belt material with heavy duty Velcro. Now you could probably close a pack of badgers in there and it would hold.

I replaced the mattress cover, because it ripped while I was putting it back on after a wash. Evan sold me a replacement for something like $35

I think that's it...

grogie

Like to Camp
Oh no! :Wow1:

I should have not seen this. Dang... My wife will kill me. But I really have been thinking about the Ayer for the top of my trailer...

grogie

Like to Camp
Well I ordered an Ayer tent. I even told my wife (which usually it's the UPS man that makes the announcement). :ylsmoke:

grogie

Like to Camp
This arrived earlier this week. :victory:

7tog.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94