1988 Toyota Land Cruiser Troopie 2H Diesel Trekka Conversion Belgium Europe 25 years

goodwoodweirdo

Adventurer
Toyota Land Cruiser Troopie 2H Diesel Trekka Conversion – wants to go travelling.

It’s with a heavy heart, I’m thinking of selling my 1988 (25 years old) Toyota HJ75 2H 6 Cylinder diesel Troopie with Trekka Camper Conversion

I only used her once last year and have no plans for a road trip next year longer than 2 weeks, with work commitments don’t see that changing…

The truck spent her first 20 years in Australia when Christian Pelletier from the EXPO Portal bought her, shipped her to South Africa and then ultimately drove her to Europe. I then spent 2 years getting European approval and carried modifications and restoration work..

She’s ready to go anywhere, has 305.000 kms on the clock, the transmission was rebuilt in SA, I’ve changed many of the consumables over the last years …

She’s done Australia, Cape Town to London, Belgium to Artic Circle now she needs to go to “THE AMERICAS”

I’m asking $19.000 / €14.000 / £11.650
And are very happy to assist with shipping anywhere in the world and will deliver her to any port in Belgium or Holland. I’m even happy to store the car if you fancy a European / African tour..

My other love is English classic cars and happy to take one in exchange, assuming its running and can use it for a holiday tour  …

1988 HJ75 with original 2H engine.
- 10 ltrs per 100 kms consumption at 100 kph
- Right Hand Drive, speedo in KPH, LHD head lights
- Poptop conversion made by Trekka in Australia when new.
- 305.000 km. I’ve driven 10.000 kms in 5 years
- Rear Kaymar heavy duty bumper with 2 wheels, these are Toyota split rims with used BFG AT
- x4 New 235/85 R16 BFG A/T Tyres on factory Toyota rims
- ARB front bumper with space for winch
- Upgraded swivel seats
- Factory snorkel.
- Inline water / fuel separator
- 2 factory fuel tanks (150 liters total)
- 2 aluminium water tanks underneath with rear faucet and electrical 12V pump. Hot water is via the engine and this is currently removed as is the tank.
- New stove mounted to the rear door, propane tank stored inside (African and European included)
- Kitchen cabinet with storage
- Dual batteries with national Luna battery management – if you plan a trip from here I’ll supply 2 new batteries.
- Rear bench seat that convert into a bed or can carry 4 passengers and offer plenty of storage. New cushions / matrass (IKEA)
- Upper bed strong and big enough for 2.
- Transfer case and driveshaft have been rebuild in South Africa prior to the trip, aprox 285.000kms (invoices totalling + $5000).
- Radiator had been replaced, all new water hoses, with old as spares;
- Complete suspension rebuild, including leafs professionally rebuilt, 2” lift new EFS shocks
- Prop shafts rebuilt, new wheel bearings supplied. New hand brake cable supplied.
- European wing mirrors and seat belts, fog light etc
- Double rear door seals to reduce dust entry
- Currently on Belgium Number plates, with European certificate of road worthiness (took 2 years and €1000 to get)
- All EU Taxes paid

I’m sure I’ve forgotten loads…

Some marks on the bodywork and would benefit from a re-spray, the chassis has light surface rust from being used in Europe and there is one small patch of body rust which need attention if keeping in a wet climate, remember its only in the last 5 years she’s seen rain… Windscreen will need replacing at sometime.

I really hope whomever buys the truck will use her as intended, I’m happy to go the extra mile to make a deal happen so no scammers or time wasters please..

Can always email for extra pictures,

Cheers
Matthew AKA goodwoodweirdo

email: matthew.mason@skynet.be

Located Gent Belgium Europe

2012-04-24 18.26.47.jpg2012-05-27 19.30.44.jpg2012-05-29 17.58.00.jpg2012-05-29 17.58.21.jpg2012-05-31 21.47.57.jpg2012-06-02 15.37.22.jpg2012-06-05 08.45.22.jpg552684709_88T5A-L.jpg570595788_MifAp-L.jpg651382827_j3prF-O.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick1701

Adventurer
if I had tons of extra money I would love to import an old landcruiser....I haven't won the lottery yet so for now, free bump!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Wow, what a great truck.

Do you have any pics of the interior showing down below and up top?

Also, is it a 5 speed manual?

Thanks,
-Dan

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
I remember when Christian posted that he was selling it near the end of his journeys north from SA.

I liked it then, and I still like it now :)

goodwoodweirdo

Adventurer
Yes its a 5 speed.... with free wheeling hubs.. its worth mentioning, she's also fitted with breathers and pipes to the axles, I don't believe its standard. All the belts are new. She has aircon which worked until I lost most of the gas.

The only change to the pictures is the rear awning is no longer on the car, it was rather crap and wore a hole through the canvas, she doesn't have curtains but I've made these thermal reflective curtains, much better.

I have a Webasto diesel heater which needs overhauling and installing, that's included.. She also has a removable tow hook and the black clips on the roof are for a (bike) rack which is currently removed..

I'll take extra pixs over the weekend and work out a link to my online picture album..

I'll keep updating the tread as I think of things…

Toyotero

Explorer
What a beaut of a rig, I wish I was in the position in life to buy and use such a rig.

Best of luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier