Morris Mule Trailers

HAMMHOCK1

I just bought one yesterday the offroad trailer with 15" wheels. I have a RTT ordered and plan on bulding a rack to mount it. I've only pulled it about 80 miles and it pulled and tracked good. Planning a camping trip to north west Arkansas this coming weekend should be about 400 miles

I have one and I have the high racks. We run concession stands and have a jeep so it gives me the space that I need. I put my supplies inside and lock the top and then put my burners and big supplies on top and then but my folding tables on the high racks. then sometimes I attach my bbq pit trailer to the bac of the trailer... It looks like a choo choo train all put together but it works for me. Oh and handles very good off road too and on the sands of South Padre. I will take some pics and post them as soon as the F-ing weather clears up.

I would be most interested in seeing some pictures of your trailer set up. It sounds very interesting.

HAMMHOCK1

$2850 tax and all out the door. The trailers with leaf spring and smaller tires were 1900 and 2000 depending on high or low rack..

One concern I might have for any off road or rough terrain expeditioning would be the ball hitch. Most know that under higher stress most will pop off. Do you guys offer any other hitch mounts like a pintle, lock and roll, or max coupler designs?

jeepthirty

hello

That is my Rubicon in the video they shared and yes they have a pintle hitch for it as well - Nice thing is you just remove a couple pins and slide it off and switch from ball to pintle - I took this trailer on an expedition trial for the builder, Bill in Anniston. Good people there. I was hard on it, took it to an offroad park called Choccolloco and drug it everywhere my jeep went - It even went on some buggy only trails and did great. It is built like a tank and no I don't get paid to say this about this trailer. I don't even own one, but I think I will when they build the one piece top config. cause I really want it for the RTT. Anyway, if you are in the market for a good trailer, you won't be disappointed here. This thing is a beast - Oh yeah, I went in to get gas while it was hooked up to my jeep and came out and there was a grown man standing on the doors on the top checking the strength and they didn't budge. It tracked well, backed up well and had major clearance, especially the one with the torsion axle. Anyway, buy one. You'll love it!

MuleTrain

Quick clarification on pricing..... after getting these mules out in the field and on the trail..... refinements have been made and current pricing for the field grade came in at $3,075 and the trail grade is $3575. Shipping is more reasonable than you might imagine so don't hesitate to ask for a quote. www.morrismuletexas.com 1 OpenGraymountains.jpg

4fansofreedom

sure would like some more firsthand experiences/pictures

If anyone who has purchased one of these trailers could post about their experience and pros and cons that would be awesome. I like the look and the price is right. I would really like to see some RTT's attached with some camping pictures to get me in the purchasing mindset. I'm a little worried that the space inside the trailer would be too limited for my needs. I would like to be able to carry 15-20 gallons of water and my camping supplies and I'm not sure this would cut it.

spikemd

Explorer
The Morris Mule looks promising. I just bough a roof top tent and would rather mount it on a trailer than my rover for basecamping. The rack looks decent, but not sure if it can handle 150lbs up high. Anyone have pics of the trailer with a tent mounted? Ideally, I would want a rack that can be down when traveling and lifted when camped to allow the tent to be deployed as well as an awning and I stand 6ft 2in tall.

Its light, which is a benefit, and sounds like it tows well. Any options to change hubs? Good price point and like others I would prefer a bought solution to making my own.

joelbert

Adventurer
Some Morris Mule Questions/Answers from an email with them

In July, 2014, I was looking at these and asked them a few questions. At this point, I haven't pulled the trigger on anything so I don't really know much more.

============I asked==============

I looked at your website and all pictures as well as the internet. I couldn't find any pictures supporting a tent.

Are the rails capable of supporting a tent?

What's the maximum load on the rails?

============They answered==============

We rate the racks at 200 pounds which is based more on an "active" load in
towing situations. For a tent in more of a static load 500-600 pounds
would be fine.

One question that I have that I can't tell from your website. Let's say I had a tent or even a sheet of plywood laying across the rails shown, would that interfere with lids opening. It seems like they fold out so I'm concerned that they would hit the bottom of the tent/sheet plywood. For the uprights, there is a low setting and a high rack setting. Is there any adjustment between the two that would allow it to be slightly higher than low (able to allow the lids to fold out).

Also, the L pieces that are at the end of each rack, pointing up may interfere with a tent/piece of plywood as well.

With the racks in the high
position you can load the racks and open the lids. With the rack in the
low position the load must be removed to open the lids. The support poles
for each unit are set lengths so there is no in-between setting. The "L"
pieces are secured with a 1/4 inch pins and all 4 can be removed (or
turned upside down) in less than a minute.

Can it be towed with the racks in high-position?

This could be a real issue since a RTT tent is 150lbs so removal is not something that would want to do to get stuff.

No problem towing 150 pounds in the high position. An extra crossbar that
is about 2 inches above the lids can be added to allow kayaks or a canoe
to still be carried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94