BFG 255x80xR17 KM2 and BFG customer service

Captm

Adventurer
This pass March I bought 8 BFG MT KM2 tires, 5 for the truck, 3 for the trailer. I have had 2 side wall tears and 1 sidewall puncture - that's the bad news. The good news is that I bought the no questions asked replacement policy. First tire was replaced free with an additional $25.00 for new policy. With the next two tires I'm still waiting for them to be replaced - they cannot be found anywhere. I was told that there is a national back order by the dealer. I called BFG and explained the situation to customer care and they said that there are no plans to produce that tire for the next 4 weeks. They can only see the production schedule 4 weeks out. To BFG's credit they authorized the dealer to replace the tires with any competitors tire. To me that says a lot about BFG commitment to their customers. My problem is 1) I really like the KM2 and 2) who else has 255x80xR17? For now I'll wait out the dry spell and hope they go into production soon.
Cheers

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Bummer that you will have to wait for them to become available again. Not too many choices in that tire size. I have always had good luck with BFG and it sounds like their customer service is treating you well.

On a side note there is a saying in Baja for those who race: "A hole in the tread is the tire's fault, a hole in the sidewall is the driver's fault."

Captm

Adventurer
On a side note there is a saying in Baja for those who race: "A hole in the tread is the tire's fault, a hole in the sidewall is the driver's fault."

Yea, I assumed it was operator error and not a BFG sidewall problem. In the pass I have run them at 17psi when I had the problems, last trip I ran them at 22psi without issue.:smiley_drive:
Cheers

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
That's a great size tire. A bunch of people run them on their duallies. They probably sell out quicker than other sizes due to the 6 plus spare, rather than 4+.

doug720

Expedition Leader
BFG only makes these tire type/sizes once a year! I went through this last year and ended up with KM2's when BFG told me no AT's would be available for at least 10 weeks. I really like the KM2's now!

Good tires and company, but, these tires are only made in one plant now, and the plant is running near capacity.

Doug

doug720

Expedition Leader
Here is my email exchange with tirecrawler.com when I was looking for tires.

I also called BFG on the East Coast who conformed the time fame to expect the tires.

No connection and this was my first order with Tirecrawler.com. They gave me a good price for 4 - 33X10.50X15 KM2' -$755 inc tax which they ship to a dealer they work with, who charged me $100 flat to mount and balance 4.

Doug

Doug.

Yes, August is about the time of year they start to produce the tires. I do
know they have pushed back production dates on some other SKU#. This maybe
the reason for such a long backorder time.

Thanks
Kris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:34 AM
To: Support@tirecrawler.com
Subject: Re: A visitor has something to say about TireCrawler.com

Kris,

These tires wont be available until August? Wow. Is BFG having issues, or
this a regular occurrence?

I will check back in few weeks. Luckily, I am not in a big hurry for these.

Thanks,

Doug

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 9:24 AM
To: '
Subject: RE: A visitor has something to say about TireCrawler.com

Hi Doug,

I called Michelin/BFGoodrich and they gave an ETA to be around August. You
can always check back with us periodically to see if anything was changed.

Thanks
Kris

TireCrawler.com
12238 S. Woodruff Ave.
Downey, CA 90241
(888) 396-5261
Support@tirecrawler.com

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:03 PM
To: TireCrawler.com
Subject: A visitor has something to say about TireCrawler.com

TireCrawler.com
12238 S. Woodruff Ave.
Downey, CA 90241
support2@tirecrawler.com
Phone: (888) 396-5261
Fax: (562) 803-5074

Date: May 31, 2012

--

Last edited:

Captm

Adventurer
I'm asking for replacement tires under their extended warranty and they could not locate any anywhere. I got tired of being told by 4 Wheel Parts that the tire is on back order, which it is. Production has started 2/2/14 although not "available" until the end of March. So I ordered 3 tires last week on line from their website and they miraculously became available from back east. After a bit of back and forth 4 Wheel Parts agreed to get the tires for me under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12