Question regarding ARB Tent SIII straps

Justin_A

Been a member for 8 months now using this wonderful site for endless information and thanks to the "search" function haven't had the need to ask a question till now.

I purchased an ARB Simpson III rtt and I can't quite find a place or function for two straps on the middle support hoop. Theres the strap that runs lengthwise the tent roof with sewn points to each support loop, but then theres two additional straps with one end not connected to anything. But it does have two sewn in loops on the other end not connected to anything? I thought maybe they're to help facilitate closing…?

See attachment.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 11

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Where did you buy it? Did they bother showing you the functions and features of the tent? :D

Those two straps should slide down onto the vertical portion of that hoop near the hinge section and extend outward towards the door opening. You use them to pull yourself into the tent as you climb up the ladder. Less important depending your physicality and angle of ladder. Some find them a nuisance and simply unscrew that hoop and slip that strap off.

Justin_A

Auh, I figured since it had dual loops on the free end it was used for some sort of aid. I didn't bother too much at the shop I knew all the important details which is all that mattered. Haha

Thanks cruiser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior