Chime in on the new WCXC Unimog t-shirt

skinzluch

Adventurer
WCXC_Unimog_U4000_6_1c_grey-black.jpg

Hey guys, I'm cross posting this from the Unimog sub-forum, hoping to get a few more eyes on it.

I've got this site called West County Explorers Club. It's about adventure/travel/overlanding. We're also creating our first t-shirt. I've just created the design and thought I'd share it here to see what you guys think. We're picturing the image of this Unimog on the chest of a grey t-shirt, and we're shooting for about $28 on the price. (Click the image to get a larger view.)

What do think?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Technically speaking there are a few perspective issues with the truck, but it's cool nonetheless. I certainly couldn't do any better.

justfred

Adventurer
"I've got this site called West County Explorers Club. It's about adventure/travel/overlanding"

It's a cool drawing, and I like Unimogs. But I wonder if that's a general enough image to represent what your site is about? The truck doesn't even seem to be doing any overlanding or adventuring, it's on solid ground.

Just my opinion. Good luck!

skinzluch

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Just hoping to do products that we, and hopefully others, can get excited about. If you have any other ideas for something you'd like to see on a shirt, let her rip...

skinzluch

Adventurer
It's a cool drawing, and I like Unimogs. But I wonder if that's a general enough image to represent what your site is about? The truck doesn't even seem to be doing any overlanding or adventuring, it's on solid ground.

Yeah, I could put a little more terrain in there. Good point.

We'll do some general shirts to, with our logo, that kind of thing. I also would like to do a truck series. Different iconic off-roaders for each shirt. I thought it'd be something that isn't really available anywhere else, as clean and minimal as this.

skinzluch

Adventurer
Technically speaking there are a few perspective issues with the truck, but it's cool nonetheless. I certainly couldn't do any better.

Thanks. I drew it in an elevation view, so no perspective. (It's much trickier to draw in perspective.) If there's something specific that looks off to you though, let me know and I'll have another look at it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Looks good. Use a heavy quality cotton and offer tall sizes...
Duluth Trading Company has nice heavy shirts.

But when I think of overlanding and Unimogs, I think of Bob...

141_crop_zpsf855d1fc.jpg

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Thanks. I drew it in an elevation view, so no perspective. (It's much trickier to draw in perspective.) If there's something specific that looks off to you though, let me know and I'll have another look at it.

A couple of things jump out at me. The front grill, brushguard, and bumper are drawn perfectly parallel and horizontal, as if straight on to the viewer, although the truck is angled. The other thing is the cargo box; given the viewers perspective near the ground the near top corner would look higher than the rear corner, so the top and bottom edges would not be parallel.

But it is easy for me to sit here and be art critic, as you said drawing it that way will be tricky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior