Thread: [YEAR 5!] Quit our jobs, sold our home, gone riding...

We're basically following one road, the D81, as it winds across pretty coastal towns and up through the mountains. It's funny that the road we're on is listed as one the Most Dangerous Roads in Europe. In fact, most of the fun, twisty mountain roads that we've ridden on are on that list. If you ever want to find a great motorcycle road, just Google "Most Dangerous Roads" in whatever area you're interested in.

Check it out: Twisties Heaven!

Ooooh, a switchback! Soooo dangerous!!!

We're now headed south through the Monte Cinto mountain range. The turns get tighter and twistier and we are loving it.

D81 snakes through the mountains and the vegetation threatens to close in on us

As we head further south, we notice that the rocks have changed in colour, from greyish-white to a more brownish-reddish hue

At times, D81 moves from the mountains to the shoreline and we're treated to more magnificent coastal views from high atop

But we still have to keep our eyes on the road, because it's twisty! Yay!
    Last edited by lightcycle; 12-14-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Man, look at the mountains all around us. Beautiful!

We *have* to stop for another scenic break

The rocks here have turned a more orangey-reddish hue!

Again, Neda taking more pictures while I wait patiently for her

Orange-red mountains of western Corsica meet the Mediterranean Sea

Back on the yellow, er red brick road

What a great day of riding! With gorgeous views and amazing, curvy roads.

We checked into a really nice hotel in Porticcio, which is half-way down the west coast of Corsica. The island is small, only 200 kms from top to bottom, but we spent the entire day just doing half that distance and had a great time enjoying the ride.

Our place in Porticcio! And cheap too, because it's low season

Being here at this time reminds me of riding through the Algarve in Southern Portugal during their low season a couple of years ago. We're able to stay in some really nice hotels for around $40/night. Good deal.

We're only booked here for one night. The next morning, I asked Neda if she was ready to hit the road. She shook head. Yeah, neither was I. I walked downstairs to reception and paid for another night in our resort-hotel.

So funny! As soon as we find someplace nice and warm, all forward motion ceases and we're at a standstill again.

Are we ever going to leave Corsica? Not sure...
    Last edited by lightcycle; 12-14-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219