Timbren bump stops???

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Been looking at Timbrens for the rear - good reviews but lots of comments about being bouncy, the Super Bumps get good reviews too no complaints about rebound

I saw that and was surprised how soft the SuperBumps appeared to be. Of course there's a LOT of force being brought to bear on them.
I still think I'm going to try a pair and honestly, at that price, how could I afford to pass them up? :ylsmoke:
:safari-rig:
The closest direct comparison as I could find to your video is this one of a Timbren mounted up front on a '95 4Runner.
Looks to be much stiffer and makes contact much sooner per the more 'load-bearing assistance' design.

I guess if I was running a constantly-heavy vehicle or lived somewhere I could go hauling @$$ in the desert all the time these would be great.
Sort of a combo air helper spring/jounce shock. As it sits, all I really need is a more progressive front bump stop for dirt road and beach running.

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
I have Timbrens front and rear, they do their job well as I tend to carry a heavy load. Although they do limit up travel some as they don't fully compress unless under an extreme load, but they really help out on the big whoops.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Gonna resurrect this topic to see if there are anymore users who have input. Gonna pull the trigger soon on some new bumpstops. Heard very good stuff about the wheelers recently.

meental

Observer
I have the original Timbren bumps tops front and rear and I really like them, they are great as a poor man's hydraulic bumpstop when going fast in the desert. I don't use them for their extra load capacity. I have them tuned to be at around full compression when the shocks are about to bottom and it's great. So much better than a hard bump. I would like to try their new offroad bumpstops as i think they may be geared better towards my use.

Sent from my RTT while stargazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz