Australia late Jan to mid May

Hey all!

So I recently was excepted into a field school for underwater archaeology on Phillip island in Vitoria. Well that's only lasting for the first part of February and then from there I'm just going to be looking for work and trying to see as much as possible until May. Wondering if there will be anyone in the area that I'll be able to meet up with and make some connections possibly crash on some couches. Currently just finishing up my visa application and waiting on some medical clearances and should be set. I enjoy rock climbing, scuba diving, camping, and really anything new. So if anyone wants to try and meet up that would be great! Or just general advice is always welcome.

Cheers,
Mark

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Or just general advice is always welcome.

Cheers,
Mark

My advice >>>> STAY LONGER !!!! .....Especially if you're into diving or want to see some of the outback. The weather only starts getting good in May. June, July and August up on the Barrier Reef or in the Northern Territory are awesome. Early in the year the water is too stirred up and the outback is still a bit hot for comfortable travel.

Down Phillip Island way will be fine in Feb though.

Kind regards john.

Regards John.

I wish I could stay longer! Unfortunatly I'm heading to Russia with the university in June and July then have to be back to uni in August. Really hoping that I can get into some decent dives and a little climbing while I'm down there. Hoping that I can find a cheap bike and mount some bags on it. I've been checking the weather around Phillip Island and looks like it'll be perfect for getting used to hot weather again.
Thanks for the post!
Mark

Alright as of 0700 on 31 December my visa has been approved! Was getting worried for a bit due to time in Iraq, but the medical and paperwork was finally approved. See you all in a couple weeks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles