How to ID Year of Wildernest Adventure Camper

Mario

Greetings All,

Got a WN and it has the single front side windows, and a Serial# 62739.
Is there anyone or any site on the web which help me figure out what year this unit is? Also I have been told that Toyota P/U trucks have changed the size of the bed after a certain year? Maybe the folks with WN mounted can post what Make/Model/Year truck they have. Any info would help me out.

thanks in advance,

Mario

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Congrats on getting a WilderNest!

Figuring out production year is a good question. As near as I can tell the last 4 digits are just a serial number (in that there's no month, year coded in), the #6 is on every production one I've ever seen, so I dunno the significance. So IOW you just have 'Nest #2739. That would make it a later production, I'd guess around 1994 or so. They seemed to have made about 300 or so per year.

The one I have now is #1969 and was made late 1991, early 1992 (it was purchased in spring of 1992). I had another #660 and that was made in around 1988 or 1989. Are there one or two smaller windows at the front of the sides (not the big sliding one, the other ones)? If there are two small 'S' shaped windows on each side, it would be 1994 or earlier. The last year or two the opera windows were merged into one bigger window on each side.

The bed rail dimensions of all 6' Toyota beds were very close to the same from 1979 to 2004. The second gen Tacoma has different dimensions. Also long bed trucks from 1979 through 1992 (last year we got them) are the same. The only small Toyota truck that can't fit a 'Nest would be a 2005 or newer Taco.

Mario

Hey Dave,

From what you wrote it appears I have a '95 or '96 year unit. The smaller windows in front are single glass not the 2 smaller opera windows. I had been looking for a WN off-and-on for a long time and really seriously the last 6 months when I finally came across this unit. Looks in really good shape and was even white in color (my first choice). Now knowing the year is an added plus!

Now I need to get a new (to me) truck and thought I should be sure of what the WN will fit on first!

Thank you for all the great posts you have made. I will check back and post some pictures once I get it mounted.

Mario

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior