Bike stuck in full throttle

Hello all, first post relating to motorcycles as I'm fairly new to them. I have an 2000 Bajaj boxer, 100cc single cylinder motor) it's not very popular in the states but it's incredibly popular in India and Africa. I recently went through the bike and fixed most of what was missing or broken and was out on the road in a few hours. Recently I let a friend give it a try (never been on a bike before) and apart from not really going anywhere (2 feet) he was giving the bike a pretty good death grip and some how managed to snap the throttle cable. I didnt get a chance to fix it for about a week and when I finally did the bike is doing something very strange. I pull the choke out and started it and the bike revs up like its full throttle. Luckly I was able to flip the ignition and turn her off before it was too bad. I can start the bike and control the rpms by holding the choke open and fluttering it to keep it alive but if I turn it off it jumps to full throttle. I have disconnected the throttle all together and it still wants to rev out of control. I haven't messed with the carb at all so I'm wondering what could have caused this? Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier