How wide can you go?

Capo

Happy Camper
As a waypoint or a destination? Hablas Espanol? Buen viaje e vuelvan.

¡Gracias!

Es mi destinación. Tengo una casita de pesca en Alicante.

I'll be leaving in a couple of days if all goes to plan. I need to trailer my HD Road King back to Spain to put it up for sale. It's been a nice bike to own but I need to downsize the stable. Too many vehicles become a burden. My Ducati and MV Agusta are going too.

Capo

Happy Camper
Is duct tape as popular in Europe as it is in the US? We use a lot of bailing wire too. Essentials. Sikaflex sealants and tape are pretty awesome too; great longevity when used correctly.

Duct tape is great, it turns "no! no!" to "mm, mm!"

Sika is the best for sealing teak decks.

Capo

Happy Camper
Modified trailer pics?

They haven't started working on the trailer yet so I'm taking my other enclosed motorcycle trailer. They've been busy working on my Gs. The window mechanism is now fixed and upgraded on the G55, G400 awaiting same procedure.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The brake rotors and pads need replacement. A heavy vehicle driven in sand, mud and snow will consume brakes. My braided brake lines are not homologated for Switzerland, (strangely!) so they will be replaced by original extended lines. According to my mechanic, this will bring back the braking performance. The removal of +300kg will also help.

You probably need a brake flush/bleed, especially if it's been 2yrs since the last, since as you probably know brake fluid is hygroscopic(gathers moisture from the atmosphere = mushier pedal).

PS--window regulators are definitely common failures on the power window'd G's. There are upgraded units now.

McBride

Adventurer
¡Gracias!

Es mi destinación. Tengo una casita de pesca en Alicante.

I'll be leaving in a couple of days if all goes to plan. I need to trailer my HD Road King back to Spain to put it up for sale. It's been a nice bike to own but I need to downsize the stable. Too many vehicles become a burden. My Ducati and MV Agusta are going too.

Indeed. Interests and priorities change over time. Cull the herd and put the money into fresher interests.

Have a great time in Spain!

Capo

Happy Camper
You probably need a brake flush/bleed, especially if it's been 2yrs since the last, since as you probably know brake fluid is hygroscopic(gathers moisture from the atmosphere = mushier pedal).

PS--window regulators are definitely common failures on the power window'd G's. There are upgraded units now.

Yep, one window upgraded, three more to go.

Capo

Happy Camper
Sorry for being off the radar, been busy with work and other projects. I made it to Spain, fetched the Road King on the trailer, brought it to Switzerland and swapped it for a 1973 Triumph Scrambler - a real Steve McQueen bike!

The G 400 has been standing still as I've been busy using other vehicles. Latest contemplation is to trade the G 400 for a new G Single Cabin Truck with a naked chassis. My idea is to make an enclosed loading tray for four motorcycles loaded transversely. I'm in touch with G-Manufaktur in Germany for the conversion. They seem skilled and helpful. Only problem is that I have to communicate in my very poor German. It's looking interesting so far though. I wanted to do this conversion on my G 400 but it's a big and expensive conversion, so I believe I'm better off starting from a new naked single cab Professional. I will miss that lovely powerful diesel V8 of the G 400, for sure...

The G 55 K will get a set of Mud Terrains, a 20mm lift and a suspension tweak. The idea is to make it more off-road friendly now that the G 400 very likely goes.

Also, I bought a nice little classic urban shuttle, an old FIAT 500 Giardiniera. It's a lovely little car!

That's all I have to tell this time, stay well, friends!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz