97 F-350 CCLB build:

Explorerinil

Observer
$17,250. Had 160,000 miles. 5 speed. Original paint. Very good condition. Did have a couple very small rust spots. I’ll say this.....I had people lined up to look at it. First guy that saw it-bought it. I came down very little on my price. I’ve seen them listed higher. I might have gotten more- but that’s WAY more than I paid for it 6 years ago. So I’m happy. And it only took a few days of being listed. It’s over. I’ve already bought and moved on. I’ve no regrets. And the 6.2 that replaced the 7.3....WAY more power!
Wow you did well. Back in 99 I knew a guy that had a 96 f350 long bed 4x4 with a 460, he ordered a new f350 diesel and offered to sell me his 96 with 50k for 10k. At the time I was young and didn’t have the money, I wish I would have bought that truck.

Seabass

Idiot
I got some stuff done on the new truck. Bought a bunch of Mobile 1 extended service full synthetic oil and a new filter. Changed the engine oil. Ordered a set of fender flares (because I like them and no other reason), got my tool chest in, ordered a new track bar and ball socket, and ordered a new set of Courser CXT tires in a 315-70-17 on a set of Pro-Comp Bandito 17X9 wheels. And I don’t think I’m going to do much else for a while. It’s really tall- it does have a leveling kit under the front coils...I do plan on a full fluid change when I get time. I like everything to be fresh so I know where everything is. All in all...I’m still pleased with my decision.

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
I got some stuff done on the new truck. Bought a bunch of Mobile 1 extended service full synthetic oil and a new filter. Changed the engine oil. Ordered a set of fender flares (because I like them and no other reason), got my tool chest in, ordered a new track bar and ball socket, and ordered a new set of Courser CXT tires in a 315-70-17 on a set of Pro-Comp Bandito 17X9 wheels. And I don’t think I’m going to do much else for a while. It’s really tall- it does have a leveling kit under the front coils...I do plan on a full fluid change when I get time. I like everything to be fresh so I know where everything is. All in all...I’m still pleased with my decision.
I run that Mobil one extended service oil and their filter in my wife’s Tahoe, I run 10k oil changes, I’m impressed with the oil, decent price also.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Good looking truck. I think you made the right call. Nothing against the old one but I don't think they're worth what people are paying for then.

Seabass

Idiot
097a9e66343b05f19860a460e57b41fa.jpg

Was super excited to get my wheels and tires mounted up so I could put them on. Got three out of four on the truck and then when I attempted to install the last one....&#*€!!!! It was a 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern and not a 8 on 170mm. So off they came and the stock ones went back on. Should have a correct wheel tomorrow so I can put em’ back on. I got the track bar ball joint replaced...total PITA till I rented a ball joint press. Amazing and confirming- if you got the right tool you can fix most anything! The flares went on easy. I’m pleased with how they look too. I’ll have more pics soon....now back to work!

Seabass

Idiot
So I finally found a camper shell for the Super Duty. Wow!!! INCREDIBLY hard to find a long bed anything. It seems most every truck now a days is a crew cab short bed. So the used market is saturated with shells for short bed trucks. Back to the point....it’s a nice ARE shell. Carpet lined and a great fit. I’m pleased with it- it looks good on the truck. Only problem is it’s white. I need to paint it. Otherwise the truck is doing wonderful. I LOVE the powerful 6.2!!! Plenty of power- and I think it’s got more than the old 7.3 that I owned previously. Will it tow 15,000 pounds as well as the old diesel.....I’m not sure. Probably comparable. But....seat of the pants power...6.2 hands down. It just needs to wind up more. It absolutely comes alive at 4,000 RPM. Actually it starts waking up at 3,000. And it’ll run just fine all the way to 6,000. Fuel economy isn’t quite as good as the diesel- but I expected that so it’s ok. I average 13.5 daily but it will bump 15mpg if all I do is cruise the interstate. I don’t really care for the Ranch Hand front bumper as there’s no easy way to mount my winch. I’m considering selling it and purchasing something that is winch ready. Otherwise....I have NO regrets purchasing this truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier