Canvas Tent?

Ramjet

Explorer
Safari Bow from Equipt

I have owned and used my Safari Bow on many trips and I must say it is amazing. It's as dark as you would want at night. It's cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. It doesn't take much time to set up and take down, once you do this a few times. The absolute drawback is the fact that it weighs 80 lbs when stored. I will say that when I was at Overland Expo last year, it didn't budge in 30 mph winds with gust a few knots higher.

Talk to Paul over at Equipt if you have any thoughts on pulling the trigger on one. He can answer any and all questions you may have.

dms1

Explorer
We ended up getting a Cabelas Alaskan Guide 8 man tent, when I first bought it I was worried about how long it would take to set it up and take it down, but the first setup went well and me and the wife can set it up at a leisurely pace in 15-20 minutes, the hardest part is putting on the fly, but it isint really that hard, taking it down is supper fast also and it handles the wind like no other tent I have owned (that is why I bought it). The only downside is the floor could be thicker in my opinion, so I bought the optional footprint to put underneath.

Before I bought this tent I was going to get a springbar tent until I actually saw the size of tent all bagged up, it was just too big.

The tent I used before the Cabelas tent was an Eureka Timberline 6 Tent which is the easiest tent I have ever set up and very roomy, the downfall is it doesn't handle wind very well and I was constantly replacing the aluminum poles.

FreeRangeFJ

Observer
I bought a springbar tent a few years ago and we love it. It has the rubberized floor, very sturdy frame and sets up/takes down very quickly. It is very well made. They have many options to choose from as well. I would gladly purchase from them again.

http://www.springbar.com/

Explorer
I bought a springbar tent a few years ago and we love it. It has the rubberized floor, very sturdy frame and sets up/takes down very quickly. It is very well made. They have many options to choose from as well. I would gladly purchase from them again.

http://www.springbar.com/

X20 on the springbar if you are going to do a canvas tent on the ground. If going RTT, go eeze-awn as they are canvas, setup and take down should both be under ten minutes. I like the elevation of a RTT, but springbars are the best ground tent in my opinion. None of the new designs have been able to improve on it.

coloradowalt

Really liked the Kodiak tents but they were too heavy to fly with. Ended up with the Eureka SQ Outfitter 6. For me a 6 man tent will work for 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz