Drawer system hardware?

ab1985

Explorer
Guys, I contacted Ryadon directly about the slides offered by www.drawerslides.com. They were very quick in responding and sold to me direct. Their price was substantially lower, but shipping was higher than I expected. Either way, total cost was far less than anything else out there that I could find.

GFA

Adventurer
I retract this post ... DO NOT ORDER from drawerslides.com

Months of waiting, promises that were never kept, terrible communication. Ended up having to contact the BBB

Hope you get your slides - I had nothing but problems from that company

See the last post on page 2

I hesitated on these as I wasn't 100% sure what I needed and they're sold out now. I ordered the Ryadon ones from drawerslides.com 3 weeks ago and they still haven't shown up.. No one answers the phone, there's no voicemail, only IM's through their website. I was told through the IM that they were shipped but couldn't provide me with tracking info. That was 1.5 weeks ago. My CC was charged promptly after placing my order though... I think its time to dispute the charges with my CC co.

SB

This place is a joke. I was told a week and a half ago they had shipped and would send tracking info which never came. Today, I was told they will ship out tomorrow from the manufacturer directly... I've asked to cancel/refund my order which they have not responded to, its time to dispute the charges...

Is there a way to delete any reference to drawer slides.com from this thread? I never received my slides nor the refund I was told they were processing. A quick search returns hundreds of complaints of the same nature in the past 120 days or so. It appears they have shut down and even moved according to the local PD for their given address yet are still accepting and billing orders but not shipping orders. I know they have been referenced here on Expo a lot and hate to see others get taken for also.

SB

ab1985

Explorer
In that case it's probably a good idea to leave this up as a PSA.

My order direct from their supplier was shipped in a matter of hours (at a lower price) and should be arriving today.

Scalded_Dawg

Guys, I contacted Ryadon directly about the slides offered by www.drawerslides.com. They were very quick in responding and sold to me direct. Their price was substantially lower, but shipping was higher than I expected. Either way, total cost was far less than anything else out there that I could find.

In that case it's probably a good idea to leave this up as a PSA.

My order direct from their supplier was shipped in a matter of hours (at a lower price) and should be arriving today.

Can you post up the Ryadon contact info you have?
Would be useful for others looking to do the same and order direct.

ab1985

Explorer
Sure, I just emailed the address listed on their website - sales@ryadon.com. I received a response within a couple of hours.

Part number on the 48" lock in/lock out slides is 3600-48 LO/LI.

rwright07

Life is a highway
Thanks for the great info. Emailed Raydon directly from my work email and received a very fair quote since they do business with my employer.

Some good information for future searches:
the 3300 series is the same as the 3600 series minus the lock in/out feature. saves $15 bucks or so a pair if you dont require that functionality.
500# rating is for static usage, and is for an 18" slide extension tested at 100,000 slide cycles.
260# @ 60 inches tested at 100k cycles static, and 156# @ 60" while enduring dynamic loads over 100k cycles.

Essentially it is best to set the drawers up so that the heaviest objects sit in the back of the drawer to maximize the working life.
The 100# slides are sold in 2 inch increments from 10-32"

3300/3600 series diagram and info:
http://ryadon.com/docs/I-DS-3600-SERIES.pdf

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
storagebuild119_zpsil58bh2c.jpg

Generically called 'paddle latches'. There are a wide variety of types, finishes and sizes. I went bare steel and painted my own.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_automotive+truck-boxes+truck-box-accessories

Many of the 'farm store' companies carry them too. Or look at the cabinet latch hardware options at places like rockler.com or LeeVining(?)

I need to find me some of them flush mount cabinet door ring-pulls for the top hatches on my platform build, but have to find something my dogs won't snag their toes in.

storagebuild120_zpscfjscude.jpg

Last edited:

jpachard

Adventurer
What are you guys putting in your drawers that warrant 500lb rated slides? I've done a rough calculation of what I'm planning to put in one drawer and the weight, including the drawer itself, was 75lbs. Granted that is just the static load but still 500lb rated slides seem like a lot of overkill and extra weight to be dragging around. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayra

Expedition Leader

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
What are you guys putting in your drawers that warrant 500lb rated slides? I've done a rough calculation of what I'm planning to put in one drawer and the weight, including the drawer itself, was 75lbs. Granted that is just the static load but still 500lb rated slides seem like a lot of overkill and extra weight to be dragging around. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything.....I use some "$10 drawers" that slide all on their own and are light weight. Bet if I put snowpeak on them I could fetch a pretty penny.....
IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer

You're doing it right, no need to overbuild, but fridges, tools, spares, gear CAN add up quick. i did the same thing and after the tools, spares, recovery gear and fluids, I am between 225-250# before the drawer weight. I'll add a factor of 20% for mobile use and call it good. However, I haven't heard one complaint about the beefy, heavy duty slides either.

bigskypylot

Explorer
storagebuild119_zpsil58bh2c.jpg

Generically called 'paddle latches'. There are a wide variety of types, finishes and sizes. I went bare steel and painted my own.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_automotive+truck-boxes+truck-box-accessories

Many of the 'farm store' companies carry them too. Or look at the cabinet latch hardware options at places like rockler.com or LeeVining(?)

I need to find me some of them flush mount cabinet door ring-pulls for the top hatches on my platform build, but have to find something my dogs won't snag their toes in.

storagebuild120_zpscfjscude.jpg

rayra, you don't happen to have a build thread for your drawer system by chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz