Fridge/Freezer Tips

67cj5

Man On a Mission
My experience has been identical right down to the 31 degree setting. A degree colder and I start to get ice. Stuff on the very bottom of the shelf is 55 but the stuff raised up in the air seems colder. I just put stuff like vitamins down first to keep the food off of the plastic bottom and it's does great.

If the dang thing would run on a slightly discharged battery I'd say its a good fridge. I stay out for a week so I'd rather deep discharge my batts then spoil the food. Just plan on your food rotting because the fridge won't run on less than full voltage battery's no matter how you wire it. One battery is one day when it's hot. I would prefer it still run and ruin the battery instead of my food going bad. I always bring enough non refrigerated food as a full back up because more than once I've needed it. I get a day and a half with one good deep cycle and a 100 watt solar panel before it dies. I'll burn a 1/2 of a tank of vehicle fuel just to run the engine to charge the batts over a week. It is what it is but I'd buy an Engle or Luna if your shopping instead but if your determined to buy a China made ARB then look at the other cheep China fridges. They are just as good.
ARB Fridge have way higher standards than the cheap Chinese Fridges and as such they Are in the same League as Engel and national Luna, The fact is They were designed and tested for 3 years in the Outback and Deserts of Australia by Australians and they are 100% Australian Designed by an Australian Company who happens to be the World leader in Off Road Accessories, Just because something is not made in America does not mean it is a lesser quality Item And as far as I know the 4x4 "Off Road" Fridge was Invented in Australia So being Aussie's we know a bit about 4x4 Fridges and what works and what don't. And like NL and Engel ARB also have unique features that make them stand out, After owning Engels and a few others I switched to ARB because they thought out of the box and added things like the rearward facing light and the Drain Plug and the recessed control panel and removable lid and battery protection All features that others have copied and added to their own products including Waeco who Actually Build the Fridges for ARB to ARB's Specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior