Vario project started

Euro6

Jostein,

I had the great pleasure to see your Vario in reality.
We were in the Norröna ferry when you embarqued at Torshawn, Faroë slands, and I saw again the truck on the petrol station in Egilstadir, Iceland, the day after.
Unfortunately, the next time we have seen you was at the departure lane on the Seydisfjordur harbour last day of our "common" trip.
I am waiting for pictures of your trip on the moon.

jostein

Adventurer
After a really Nice trip to the Faroe Islands and Iceland, with a 2 day stop in Denmark for my daughter to visit Legoland, we are now back home.
Documenting trips with photos and videos are not my strongest point, but here are some Pictures.

Talking about ferries, that is were the planning of the trip was done... Was so busy with work before we left, that the days on the ferry was good to have. A helpful German in the Mercedes Sprinter Iglhaut 4x4 parked behind me in the Ferry lane at Torshavn helped us with a number of suggestions.
DSC_0755.jpg

Some Pictures from F936 South of Egilstadir:

DSC_0129.jpg
DSC_0130.jpg
f936 p01.png
f936 p02.png

Fugly

Adventurer
jostein

Good to see you are getting out and about ....
Thanks for sharing the trip some great pic's.....

Cheers Fugly

jostein

Adventurer
The last part of the trip we spent in the North; Akureyri, Husavik, Myvatn area and Egilstadir. Suddenly 14 days had passed:)
DSC_0820.jpg
Whale watching.DSC_0270.jpgMyvatn Natural Baths.
image(4).jpg
Great weather in Egilstadir, making pizza:)

Jostt

Adventurer
That country is amazing!! Thank you so much to share this pics, looks like even in summer you can find snow....ufff hard to imagine when here we are feeling a hot Wave......enjoy , all te pics you want to post are welcome

Ullie

Adventurer
Whauw. I recognize multiple places from our trip in 2007 with a Nissan Patrol. But we should return one time with our vario now. Lokes like a super vacation.

jostein

Adventurer
Just thought I could drop some lines and pictures from my upper kingpin repair, in case someone else needs to takle the job.

I recently failed the annual EU inspection because of worn upper king pins. My local dealer was not able to get me just the upper pins and brass bushings in time for the reinspection, and quited me a rather expensive rebuild kit containing also all parts for the lower king pin assembly, which also includes a roller bearing.

Decided to take of the wheel and look at it myself. Turned out that the bushing was very worn. Probably due to lack of lubrication from previous owners. The pins was also a little worned. Got the pins and bushing out, and had a local workshop turning down the pins just a few tenths and make new bushings to fit.
I can actually feel the difference when driving, more precise and one rattle noise less in bumps.

Not a complicated job. Only slightly hard part is to get the bushings out. On one side I had to drill and thread a hole in the old bushing, to be able to pry it out. On the other side I managed to get a prybar in between the axle joint and the bottom of the bushing, and then by hitting on the prybar I got it loose.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles